Seal of Command To Tank

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Seal of Command To Tank

Postby Lightbeard » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:37 am

I used to use it to offtank if needed in instances when i used to be ret. BC instances btw. It held aggro good with CS
Lightbeard

Postby jere » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:13 pm

It's a bit too random for my taste. Honestly the only reliable tanking seal is SoR. I use SoV a lot, which isn't as reliable as SoR, but is more reliable than SoC in my opinion and tends to do a lot more damage in actual tanking gear.

For offtanking, it won't really matter as any seal will do. For main tanking, you can use SoC with some moderate success, but I would still fall on SoR before SoC.

What I usually do:
AS -> JoR -> SoR -> JoR -> repeat

or

AS -> JoR -> SoV -> JoV -> repeat

In either case I use JoR first. I seem to remember someone saying JoC does more damage than JoR, but I only tested before all the coeff's were changed, so I don't really know if that is still the case, but the main idea is start the fight with the highest threat judgement available, then switch to what you are tanking with and cycle through the judgement/seal cycle
jere

Postby Livyan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Best thing with having SoC is in Heroics/5-mans/SomeRandomRaid where you can stun stuff..

"Stun it and JoC it's weak point for massive damage!"
Livyan

Re: Seal of Command To Tank

Postby Vanifae » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Lightbeard wrote:I used to use it to offtank if needed in instances when i used to be ret. BC instances btw. It held aggro good with CS

This stunning insight is amazing.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Return to Basic Training & Talents