How does this odd tankadin work?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

How does this odd tankadin work?

Postby Lord_Paladin » Mon May 19, 2008 4:57 am

So this raid I've starded running kara with uses another tankadin from time to time, and aside from the fact that at the moment he has some better gear pieces than I do, I'm really curious why this works.

When we were fighting trash I would let him get first blow, but then I found it exceptionally difficult to pull off of him. The odd thing that gets me is that he has (total) about 60 spell damage and I had at the time around 330 some odd.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Bassotan

my armor should be linked from my siggy.

But looking at his spec, and at his gear... how does this work? He's tanked all of kara including prince (which I am still trying to get a handle on and accomplish).

As it currently stands, the guild perfers this tank over me. He and I have a friendly rivalry going on, and I'm just confused how he can be so "off" and yet still be so effective.
Lord_Paladin

Postby Thanehand » Mon May 19, 2008 5:15 am

As a quick answer (looking at his rather odd spec, and gearing) I would say its entirely down them hitting him rather than you.
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Ashmadai » Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 am

Keep in mind that once he has agro you have to do 110% of his threat to pull off him, and even if his spell damage sucks, he might be getting a lot of holy shield threat right off the bat.

Just wait until he tries rocking that spell damage when the DPSers start going over 1k sustained dps and see how it works out. =)
Ashmadai

Postby Aarek » Mon May 19, 2008 7:26 am

Yeah, at lower levels of progression Holy Shield + Imp Righteous Fury is enough to keep something glued to you, spell damage or not.

If for some reason you wanted to show him how useful spell damage is you could throw up HS and then taunt and immediately judge righteous and exorcism and he'll have just as hard a time of gaining threat back. Course this does make you kinda look like an ass since you are taunting off another tank.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby kalbear » Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 am

You're doing Kara? It's probably because of things like exorcism and holy shield.
kalbear

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 9:51 am

Seal of Vengeance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon May 19, 2008 9:53 am

Worldie wrote:Seal of Vengeance.

This. He doesn't need much Spelldamage to make SoV work at lower levels of pregression. It'll change, don't worry.
Levantine

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 am

Levantine wrote:
Worldie wrote:Seal of Vengeance.

This. He doesn't need much Spelldamage to make SoV work at lower levels of pregression. It'll change, don't worry.

Whats the base dmg of SoV(full stack)? Does it compare to single SoR swings? From what I've read it would seem SoV would be the best seal when mana is an issue, that constant judging isn't really needed. . . but With the way the judgement works, i dont know why this would be a correct assumption.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 10:42 am

With SoV you can sustain 7-800ish TPS with 0 spelldamage.

Or well that i can do with my alliance paladin with the mightly sum of 140 spelldamage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 10:56 am

Worldie wrote:With SoV you can sustain 7-800ish TPS with 0 spelldamage.

Or well that i can do with my alliance paladin with the mightly sum of 140 spelldamage.

Judging every cooldown? and thats just SoV? (assuming 5 stack never falling off, LC gavel i suppose?)
Morpheren

Postby kalbear » Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 am

From what it looks like, he's using a decapitator. So a nice, slow weapon.

And as stated, that's fine for Kara. You can keep reasonable threat in Kara without much of an issue because of exorcism and nice big starting damage values for holy shield and consecrate, given that others aren't super outgearing you. It'll be more of an issue as he goes against prince and then into T5 though - or even a lot of T4, where things aren't demon/undead.
kalbear

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 11:09 am

Judging every cd and using consecration and holy shield, that's all.

The Seal + judge itself is around 400ish TPS i think if not more.

Also the Judgement scales wonderfully with spelldamage

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 11:18 am

Worldie wrote:Judging every cd and using consecration and holy shield, that's all.

The Seal + judge itself is around 400ish TPS i think if not more.

Also the Judgement scales wonderfully with spelldamage

eh, seems about the same as SoR, but i guess we're talking at lower +dmg's so eh.
Morpheren

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 11:24 am

I doubt you can get 800ish TPS with SoR at 0 spelldam ;)

I'm quite sure that i got to 900 TPS with crusader and such crap on my alliance paladin, and i don't have a single epic item :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 11:57 am

eh, seems about the same as SoR, but i guess we're talking at lower +dmg's so eh.

I'd still like to have it.
Morpheren

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents