Remove Advertisements

Dodge Gear

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Morpheren wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:The problem with having too much dodge for an instance is if you start taking so little damage that you run out of mana.

The real problem with having too much dodge (and not enough EH) is that your healers might get lazy and if you DON'T dodge/miss/parry a short string of attacks, you're dead before anybody can react.
And that's why the common recommendation is to stack a minimum EH to go unhealed ;D
Dodge is op on the priest's mana. LOL
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 30, 2008 9:58 pm

Morpheren wrote:The real problem with having too much dodge (and not enough EH) is that your healers might get lazy and if you DON'T dodge/miss/parry a short string of attacks, you're dead before anybody can react.

I don't see this as a problem with having too much dodge. I see this as a problem with having bad healers.

(I spent two years pre-tbc in a bleeding edge guild as a holy priest; I have very little patience with lazy, non-proactive healers who don't know how to gauge when to land a heal :))

(And of course there's a balance to be struk here -- trying to tank with 99.98% dodge and 2000hp is still going to make you a farking lousy tank. If you have the EH for an encounter, by all means stack avoidance. :])
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dazhbog » Sat May 31, 2008 1:35 am

There was a recent tankspot article on avoidance (miss + dodge + parry) that I heartily enjoyed. Essentially, it talks about reaction time (time between a hit that brings you to one hit from dead, and that last hit that kills you) and burst time (an odd value I never quite understood), and the impact of avoidance on both.

Long story short, I use avoidance to increase the average time my healers have to react to a bad situation, assuming of course I have the EH pool to survive. Gruul, Azgalor, Nightbane (to a degree), Supremus are all avoidance heavy fights, because if that one bad situation happens where I'm low during a silence or whatever, avoidance gives that extra second or two for the heals to start rolling back in. It's also the reason I'll never give up my Pocketwatch =D
Dazhbog

Postby Harlequinn » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 am

I'd like to see someone's dodge set or a good parry set. I haven't seen a good piece by piece breakdown of either. Did someone make one and I missed it perhaps?
Harlequinn

Postby lusisia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 am

Harlequinn wrote:I'd like to see someone's dodge set or a good parry set. I haven't seen a good piece by piece breakdown of either. Did someone make one and I missed it perhaps?

Oddly enough, you don't see a lot of parry on gear. I can think of two bits off hand that have parry while I can think of a whole ass load that have dodge and a metric fuckton that have block rating (not an avoidance stat but used for example).

2.3 Badge gloves have parry and expertise
T5 shoulders have parry
Fanblade Pauldrons have parry

That's all I can think of.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 am

lusisia wrote:
Harlequinn wrote:I'd like to see someone's dodge set or a good parry set. I haven't seen a good piece by piece breakdown of either. Did someone make one and I missed it perhaps?

Oddly enough, you don't see a lot of parry on gear. I can think of two bits off hand that have parry while I can think of a whole ass load that have dodge and a metric fuckton that have block rating (not an avoidance stat but used for example).

2.3 Badge gloves have parry and expertise
T5 shoulders have parry
Fanblade Pauldrons have parry

That's all I can think of.

Battlescar Boots as well?

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:41 am

[item=30985]Lightbringer Handguards[/item]
I rule.
moduspwnens

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents