Remove Advertisements

spell hit

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

spell hit

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun May 18, 2008 8:04 am

I realise that spell hit takes a lot of item points that could be used for raw spell damage and avoidance/EH health stats, but is it really that useless?
Now, if I'm not mistaken SoR can't be resisted and even if it can, that 43 damage isn't going to show much, so yes it's useless for Horde paladins.
On the other hand Alliance has Seal of Vengeance, where the proc can get resisted, so if you get a few unlucky misses followed by a few unlucky resists, your 5 stack is going to fall off. In this respect, wouldn't it be somewhat usefull for Alliance paladins? (still not worth getting in high quantities of course, but nice to have)

Discuss.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Worldie » Sun May 18, 2008 8:26 am

That's one of the reasons for which at higher levels, SoR overcomes SoV.

On a note, the resist on SoR is only the level-based partial resists which you don't avoid with spellhit but with spell penetration.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 am

Worldie wrote:That's one of the reasons for which at higher levels, SoR overcomes SoV.

On a note, the resist on SoR is only the level-based partial resists which you don't avoid with spellhit but with spell penetration.

1) How so? The hit cap doesn't get higher at higher bosses does it? And since your spell damage should still scale, both seal should scale accordingly, especially since SoV has a higher damage coefficient.

2) Thought it was something like that, or at least unrelated to spell hit.
Gamingdevil

Postby Worldie » Sun May 18, 2008 8:48 am

The answer to one is that while for SoV you'd need to stack both hit and spellhit in order to increase it's effectiveness (without considering the simple fact that the "resist part" is 17%), for SoR you just need one of those, which is actually present in some tank gear as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun May 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Worldie wrote:The answer to one is that while for SoV you'd need to stack both hit and spellhit in order to increase it's effectiveness (without considering the simple fact that the "resist part" is 17%), for SoR you just need one of those, which is actually present in some tank gear as well.

To be fair, these days so is the other part.

In before Blizzard itemisation sucks!
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 2:32 am

Indeed sigh.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ashmadai » Mon May 19, 2008 5:46 am

Just buy the garbage 2.4 badge chest and boots and your spell hit will be through the roof! And people will probably think you don't know how to play.... :lol:
Ashmadai

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 am

Ashmadai wrote:Just buy the garbage 2.4 badge chest and boots and your spell hit will be through the roof! And people will probably think you don't know how to play.... :lol:

At least I will if you buy that chest, it's so much worse than the 2.3 chest. The boots are decent, but there's no avoidance stats whatsoever.

Also, who cares if your spell hit will be through the roof, you'll still be miles away from the cap.
Gamingdevil

Postby Ashmadai » Mon May 19, 2008 7:12 am

Yeah, if it wasn't clear I was being facetious. The 2.4 chest is crap compared to the 2.3 one obviously. And I would never wear the 2.4 boots. I have the Boots of Elusion and the Jungle Stompers and there is no situation in which I would use the crap spell hit boots over one of those two.
Ashmadai

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon May 19, 2008 8:02 am

Ashmadai wrote:Yeah, if it wasn't clear I was being facetious.

I know, was agreeing with you :wink:
Gamingdevil

Return to Basic Training & Talents