Remove Advertisements

WotLK Spec?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What spec are you going to use to grind through levels 70-80?

Protection
73%
Retribution
23%
Holy
5%

Total votes : 133

Postby Lev » Fri May 16, 2008 4:41 am

Planning on going retribution. But depends on the paladin changes. If ret is not going to be generally buffed, i may end up playing my warlock again or reroll a shaman.
Lev

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 16, 2008 4:46 am

They intend in keeping us as aoe freaks, and mobs there are mostly undead. Killing stuff will hardly be the issue, but how many we can gather at once ^^

I'll stay prot all the way up.
We even have the gear advantage of having lvl 70 epics. People with t5 or t6 gear won't really replace most of it for a while. I'm sure even more t5/t6 stuff will still be good at 80 just by comparison. There are lvl 60 naxx stuff that we'd still use(namely the frostwyrm's trinket), and apparently the gear scaling curve won't be as abrupt on the 70->80 swap.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby shifttusk » Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 am

I'll 100% be leveling protection but I won't be respeccing till 71. Reckoning+1HS+Sanct Aura+Avengers.

That is unless the 51 point talent is rediculous.
Shifttusk - 70 Hunter Executus 0/20/41
Easylay - 70 Paladin Anetheron 0/49/12
shifttusk

Re: WotLK Spec?

Postby Vanifae » Fri May 16, 2008 9:33 am

Lanicus wrote:I was curious to see how other tankadins planned on speccing for WotLK level grinding. I personally plan on staying protection, but I have no clue how I'm going to make my build more grind friendly. I suppose I could add reckoning back into the build, but that's assuming I get hit enough for it to proc.

What about you guys?

Protection.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Sjimmi93 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:21 am

If my pala gets to 70 before WotLK ill probably stay prot and do alot of instances and explore the new quests with my hunter
Sjimmi93

Postby ashbringer » Fri May 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I voted prot. I tired ret with semi-decent gear and compare to other classes it just isn't funny waiting for a random proc. It seems that unless you have the uberest of uber gear ret just isn't very good.
ashbringer

Postby Hankthetank » Fri May 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Catriona wrote:And miss all the new quests and stuff? NEVAR. I plan on sucking Northrend dry; I left Outland's glass about a quarter full and don't want to make the same mistake again.

I plan to instance until Honored rep, then do the quests. That way I can get the revered heroic keys before they get their requirements nerfed!

but in all honesty, I'll be levelin up my Death GNOME! I already called dibs on the guild's raid spot.
Hankthetank

Postby Cosha » Fri May 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Prot ofc, 5ppl from guild, doing instances most of the time is win. Then I dont have to fight for quest-items with the 327528975589other ppl that are lvling in northrend
Retlol in Kamuflasjefylla @ Dentarg
Cosha

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Knaughty wrote:? Go kill 15 casters!

Knaughty: Can I get back to you tomorrow?

Quest-giver: ....

Quest-giver: .... go reroll ret.

Prot Warrior: lol @ u...

I'm not sure yet. I leveled prot thru instances to 70, which facilitates gearing up, but strictly from a GO HIT 80 QUICK standpoint, most quests go FAR more quickly as ret. The "aoe down 15 melee mob" quests aren't quite as often as one would like.
Invisusira

Postby Yinramu » Fri May 16, 2008 5:56 pm

I always thought questing was something you did when you couldn't find an instance group?

Protection to 80.
Yinramu

Postby Sarutankah » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Not that I can do this yet but the trash in Black Morass looks like a good place for some early XP if you intend to grind. you could in theory get to 80 in there if you happened to be masochistic enough?

I have a 70 demo lock as well so may just go grind BF and up with my quasi multibox setup (2 accounts ftw).

If I do quest on pally - Prot to ret respec cos ret is so much fun :D (a side note - try dueling yourself with multiple accounts - talk about brain infarction lol)
Sarutankah

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 8:05 pm

For sure not to 80, trashs are 67-69 so you'd get to 75 i'd think.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Byzant » Fri May 16, 2008 8:12 pm

If the new talents and the outlook is good Ill stay prot. Tho I will spec reckoning, as I feel it works well with ret gear and a decent, slow two-hander, go go double dmg.
Byzant

Postby Rorshach » Sat May 17, 2008 4:30 am

Protection. Even though I will almost certainly be levelling with the same 5-man group the whole time and doing instances as often as quests I still remember levelling as protection when the expansion hit, rushing to hit 60 so my guildies would run me through Outland.

Level 30+ I'm in STV and I'm levelling solo because it's 4am and no one is on. It is then I discover that I can solo elite quest bosses 4 levels above my current level (the hunting final quest mobs come to mind) and come out with nearly full mana/health from SoL/JoW or vice versa.

It was right at this point that I fell in love with protection spec and I have never looked back.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Wolkinov » Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Rorshach wrote:Protection. Even though I will almost certainly be levelling with the same 5-man group the whole time and doing instances as often as quests I still remember levelling as protection when the expansion hit, rushing to hit 60 so my guildies would run me through Outland.

Level 30+ I'm in STV and I'm levelling solo because it's 4am and no one is on. It is then I discover that I can solo elite quest bosses 4 levels above my current level (the hunting final quest mobs come to mind) and come out with nearly full mana/health from SoL/JoW or vice versa.

It was right at this point that I fell in love with protection spec and I have never looked back.

Good Man
Wolkinov

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents