Remove Advertisements

Defense rating while leveling

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Defense rating while leveling

Postby esthera » Thu May 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Is there a Defense cap while leveling? If not, how can I determine my defense level? My pally is 62 and in the skills tab, it says she is 330. Adding +DEF gear doesn't change the total at all. I'm a little confused trying to determine what her stats actually are...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Esthera
esthera

Re: Defense rating while leveling

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 15, 2008 4:45 pm

esthera wrote:Is there a Defense cap while leveling? If not, how can I determine my defense level? My pally is 62 and in the skills tab, it says she is 330. Adding +DEF gear doesn't change the total at all. I'm a little confused trying to determine what her stats actually are...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Esthera

Yeah there is a cap while leveling but it's based on the level of the mob you are attacking. So it'll vary quite a bit, but I don't think it's all that big of a deal. Look at the defense tab on your character sheet (character tab) to get your actual defense value, the defense listed on the skills tab probably just shows your level based defense, and doesn't include gear.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby esthera » Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 pm

(picture me hitting my forehead)

Thanks, it seems so obvious now. :)
esthera

Postby Spectrum » Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah, it doesn't show on the skills tab I believe.

Just add the +defense from mousing over your defense rating in your character pane. There is no effective cap on it as far as I can tell.

I leveled through my 60s with mostly +def and stamina gear. Made those large groups of melee mobs pretty easy. However, don't worry about it too much, and don't expect to take 10+ mobs at once until you're a little more geared up at lvl 70.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 am

Spectrum wrote:However, don't worry about it too much, and don't expect to take 10+ mobs at once until you're a little more geared up at lvl 70.

I leved 50-58 AoE grinding dalson's tear (i think that is spelled right) in WPL. I could only do 6-7 at first but at 53+ I was pulling all the mobs I could before they would evade (15-20)
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Return to Basic Training & Talents