Felsteel Shield Spike and latest patch

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Confused

Postby Discus » Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks for the gauntlet advice, I'll give it a try, the rest of SH seems relatively easy.

>think you are confused. You have been able to buy shield spikes on AH for a long long time (maybe always).

Until Wednesday, I've only ever seen mithril shield spikes (and the BoE pattern) in the AH. After the patch thorium spikes appeared for first time, may have been a coincidence, but the comment I posted above made me think they were BoP and are now BoE.

Anyway, I've spammed trade channel for 3 days now and no one seems to know anything about Felsteel spikes in my realm.
Discus

Postby ryan4nayr » Fri May 16, 2008 8:51 am

Before patch 2.4.2 shield spikes have to be attached to shields by a blacksmith. The shield spikes can be crafted then traded along but attaching was the BS's job.

Last night I had an Iron Shield Spike sitting in a non-BS alt's bank & decided to stick to an Aegis of the Scarlet Commander. The tooltip doesn't have the red letter "Requires Blacksmithing". Attaching worked like a charm.

Now if only enchantments worked the same way :?
ryan4nayr

Postby Discus » Fri May 16, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks ryan, I knew something had changed. So looks like Felsteel Shield Spikes were BoE all along and just no one bothers listing/selling them in our AH.
Discus

Postby ryan4nayr » Fri May 16, 2008 3:43 pm

When I had my Skullflame & PLG spiked with felsteel, it took me 2 days of hounding the trade channel each time. Granted this was 6-5 months ago, but just so you're warned... it's not very commonplace.
ryan4nayr

Postby Whitehope » Sun May 18, 2008 8:30 pm

When they still had to be attached by a BS, if I ever needed one, I'd just put in trade "LF bs to attach shield spike. my mats and 20g tip."

They come out of the woodwork after that.
Whitehope

Postby sbeacher » Mon May 19, 2008 1:48 am

They were never BoP you just never saw them in the AH because it made no sense to make them and stick them on the AH as the mats are worth way more.

As of the latest patch anyone can attach them (as I just stuck one on my FRD)
sbeacher

Postby Peryl » Mon May 19, 2008 6:26 am

On Aerie Peak, before the patch I've seen Mithril, Thorium and Adamantite spikes, but not Fel. After, only a few Mithril. There are actually fewer since the patch. Wish I would've stocked up earlier!

Again, to second previous posts now spikes can be put on shields by anyone not just Blacksmiths.
Peryl
70 Tankadin
Muradin
Peryl

Postby Discus » Mon May 19, 2008 7:05 am

OK, now I understand, thanks. Mats cost more than the finished product so they never appear in AH or answer my trade WTBs.

Looks like I need to buy my own mats and offer a whopping tip :)
Discus

Postby Seloei » Mon May 19, 2008 7:57 am

Heroic SH is just... like normal one imho o.O

The differance is the mobs hit for a bit more than they did in normal, and there are 2 "extra bosses" that give loot.

The gauntlet is a sort of "retard check". Lay down 3 rules and if they die, its their fault you wiped.

1. DO NOT run in front of me or sit in front of me
2. DO NOT attack/heal until you see me consecrate
3. DO NOT stand in fire

keep them behind you, move fast take as many pulls as you want. They fixed the "drink problem" so you can get full mana back before you pull the last pack and just keep going. Pull as many as you feel comfortable and kill them. If someone manages to pull agro before you stopped to consecrate, it's his repair bill.
Seloei

Postby Blutreich » Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 am

Discus wrote:healer
prot paladin
warlock
mage (or another warlock? lol)
either another prot paladin (for alternating chain-pulls) or a shaman for spelldamage totem. ;)

I'd swap any of them for a Spriest as well, sounds odd with a Spriest in a aoe run, but remember 800 DPS Spriest = 200 MP5 for everyone, screw drinking!
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Levantine » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 am

Blutreich wrote:
prot paladin
warlock
either another prot paladin (for alternating chain-pulls) or a shaman for spelldamage totem. ;)

I'd swap any of them for a Spriest as well, sounds odd with a Spriest in a aoe run, but remember 800 DPS Spriest = 200 MP5 for everyone, screw drinking!

Finding a Shadowpriest that knows his/her class well enough to do 800dps is a right challenge these days though. :(
Levantine

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 8:12 am

Levantine wrote:
Blutreich wrote:
prot paladin
warlock

Finding a Shadowpriest that knows his/her class well enough to do 800dps is a right challenge these days though. :(

Resto shaman for WoA
2 locks
hunter (lol wut, MD + Volley/Multishot)
Me

best group ever. (my old main is a mage so free water before instance starts.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents