Remove Advertisements

Karazhan: Flask of Fortitude or Blinding Light?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Karazhan: Flask of Fortitude or Blinding Light?

Postby Vs » Wed May 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Which flask should I use for Karazhan? My armory link is in my signature, excepting devilshark cloak, Sentry band, and new shoulders to make me uncrushable I am wondering which would benefit me more?

I am currently uncrittable and 93% to uncrushable. The aforementioned items should push me to the 102.4% limit...so which should benefit me more?

I've been ghosting these forums for a long time, you all rock. I just registered to talk and say hi, I hate the wow forums, they are only fun for reading trash...I'd rather MT a forum :D.
Vs

Postby Cearn » Wed May 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I would actually use blinding light, except for maybe nightbane and prince - but only use fort on those if you wiped before.
Cearn

Postby Kitria » Wed May 14, 2008 4:21 pm

I would go with fortification. The HP is nice and the defense will give you a small boost in the uncrushable department. Pally threat is crazy pre-T5 and the added threat from exorcism on 90% of the mobs in there will easily keep you ahead of your dps.
Kitria

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 14, 2008 4:31 pm

I think you'll want to feel it out a bit, but I agree with Kitria. You should be ok with threat, assuming your DPS doesn't outgear by a lot. So fort will help a tiny bit with closing that uncrushable gap, along with the health boost. There's always wizard oil and spell damage food to boost your threat when you feel you need it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Yinramu » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 pm

I agree with Fridmarr, it's an exchange between survivability and threat.

Do you feel like you're not living as long as you should? That you're hard to heal? Then go with Fort.

If you want a lot of extra threat and aoe damage, go with Blinding Light.

I tend to use Blinding Light on everything but Nightbane and Prince.
Yinramu

Postby Dakiros » Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 am

I use Blinding Light or nothing depending on who I take for DPS. I usually run with one of two warlocks in our guild that will average 1200 DPS on the night so I need to keep my threat high and I am overgeared for 95% of Kara anyway.

Err yeah but with your gear I would probably agree with the above posters until you overgear the place too.
Dakiros

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 6:04 am

as many have said, it really depends on the dps. if they are hot on your heels obviously go blinding light, but if the dps is gearing up like yourself, then fort is the more viable option, especially if the healers are gearing up as well.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby sweeney » Thu May 15, 2008 9:44 am

When I was at the "barely uncrushable" gear level, it was Fort flask and stamina food. If you can easily swap gear to pick up some spell damage while keeping 485 defense w/ fort, that's pretty useful for trash threat.

Once you've got some badge gear, Blinding Light is great for speedruns. (I usually cheap out and do Adept's Elixir + Blackened Basilisk.)

Honestly, if you're thinking about flasking rather than using elixirs because there's a significant risk of death/wipes, I'd flask for survivability.

My MVP for consumables for Kara, though, is Free Action Potion. If one of the healers is newish or undergeared, avoiding the stuns in Moroes' room is the single biggest thing you can do to stay alive. :)
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Sweeney wrote:When I was at the "barely uncrushable" gear level, it was Fort flask and stamina food. If you can easily swap gear to pick up some spell damage while keeping 485 defense w/ fort, that's pretty useful for trash threat.

Once you've got some badge gear, Blinding Light is great for speedruns. (I usually cheap out and do Adept's Elixir + Blackened Basilisk.)

Honestly, if you're thinking about flasking rather than using elixirs because there's a significant risk of death/wipes, I'd flask for survivability.

My MVP for consumables for Kara, though, is Free Action Potion. If one of the healers is newish or undergeared, avoiding the stuns in Moroes' room is the single biggest thing you can do to stay alive. :)

Haha, for me it was fort flask, stam food, agi elixir, major defense elixir, major fortitude elixir, elixir of mastery, scroll of protection, scroll of agi etc etc...

Man I'm glad they changed the consumables mechanics.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents