@worldie

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

@worldie

Postby Exalt » Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 am

Some questions on your spec. I've been thinking of hitting up a sanc and 3/5 reck spec for a little while now, but I'm curious as to your experiences with it and curious as to the rationale behind a couple of your choices (as it seems to differ from many of the 40/21 specs I've seen talked about on these forums).

Where was "progression content" for your guild when you started using this spec? If it was after Mh/BT and you could go back to when your guild was, say 4/5 Hyjal and just getting ready to step into BT, would you go back and use the spec you have now? If not, what would you change and why?

Now for some nuts'n'bolts: Why imp devo instead of redoubt? Why imp BoM instead of benediction?

Basically, I'm intrigued by the idea of pumping out even more threat than I do now, because my dpsers are pumping out GOBS of damage (especially my elemental shaman >.<) and I'm slated to do a fair bit of the MT'ing in BT, so every bit of threat helps. It looks like the only huge sacrifices made in your build mostly revolve around aoe tanking, so it makes me nervous for hyjal trash tanking, and I'm curious to know your thoughts on it.

Thanks for any info you can throw my way =)
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 2:00 pm

I started using this spec when we had Illidan in farm and started attempting Kalecgos.

I didn't really need it for Sunwell itself, but more for overgeared content.
Basically, i was being told by our DPS that they were threat capped. I used to use the classic 46/15 spec, so i went for something similar, but took Precision and 5/5 reckoning over Shield spec and AD.
It was working obviously, but i quite wanted more.
I was quite stopped from losing AS, i really like the skill and it was quite useful for me in T6 content. However, since (finally i'd say) our DPS kept starting to learn their class and pushing over 2k DPS, and since i'm let's say... unlucky with tank drops (took 4 months to get T6 chest) i decided to test the "maximum threat" spec. Being maximum threat, it includes every possible threat boosting talent, Precision, Reckoning (3/5 cause not enough points to get 5/5), 1h spec, Crusade, and Sanctity Aura.
Well, it worked, and going for 1500 TPS on Teron is lolaggro.

Imp devo, cause in Sunwell i use Devotion Aura, and it's not like i really need Redoubt (i'm almost at Sunwell-uncrushable already)
Imp BoM, cause i take shitloads of damage in Sunwell so mana isn't really a issue, and in the guild it's just me and 1 holy paladin having imp BoM anyway.

If i had to go back... well, i'd say that AD is good to have in "progression" in BT, and unless you got exceptional DPS, you should not need that additional threat. I wasn't much a threat whore back then, and our DPS were far far behind me. But there was no welfare badge gear also.

The spec is viable for sure, the question is, do you really need that 13% more damage (and thus aggro) ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Exalt » Tue May 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Worldie wrote:The spec is viable for sure, the question is, do you really need that 13% more damage (and thus aggro) ?

At this moment? No.

I feel like I will very soon though. >.<

Thanks for the info! :D
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Lore » Tue May 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 pm

heh i should have thought of that faster :)

I gave some infos anyway on the threat spec topic, have a look there or /pm me if you need something more :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents