please settle an argument

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am

Ah that makes sense in fact, i needed to be full blues to tank Kara :<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 am

FYI -Nothing you can say is going to change this guy's opinion. Whatever he's doing is probably working. As you advance into deeper content, your desire to min-max yourself will make itself readily apparent as you outperform him on a consistent basis. Stop debating him and just focus on your own progress.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Robin de tolens » Wed May 14, 2008 6:07 am

retrofade wrote:
once you get gear past solarion and leo, yes, the pally tanks are just as strong (and in hyjal STRONGER than) as the warriors and droods, by all means, aim for it, go pally tank nuts! but untill such point...you would be holding the dps back (and as any healer can tell you, more dps=less healing overall), and you CANT itemize your stats as well, or taunt as often (on the few instances where taunt works) as the meatsheilds.

As I've heard, pallies do significantly more damage in T4 gear compared to other tanking classes as they have elixirs, food, and oil tu improve their dps.

Anyway, this guy really is a dick :!:
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby sweeney » Wed May 14, 2008 6:37 am

Mortehl wrote:FYI -Nothing you can say is going to change this guy's opinion. Whatever he's doing is probably working. As you advance into deeper content, your desire to min-max yourself will make itself readily apparent as you outperform him on a consistent basis. Stop debating him and just focus on your own progress.

Best advice I've seen, way better than anything I thought of. :)

Yep, just be the class act and offer to tank things for the guild when needed. That'll win out.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Gruul/kara

Postby cryptwind » Wed May 14, 2008 9:14 am

First - I'm uncritable, not uncrushable and I've MT'd Gruul. So it can be done, it's not ideal but it can be done, so you'll have a hard time prtoving he's wrong, but he is.
cryptwind

Postby retrofade » Wed May 14, 2008 9:26 am

Mortehl wrote:FYI -Nothing you can say is going to change this guy's opinion. Whatever he's doing is probably working. As you advance into deeper content, your desire to min-max yourself will make itself readily apparent as you outperform him on a consistent basis. Stop debating him and just focus on your own progress.

Yup, I came to that conclusion last night... I'm just going to not bother responding to him, and I'll be speccing back and forth between ret and prot as needed. My ret gear (be.imba says SSC/TK level) is better than my prot gear right now anyway (Kara/Gruul's/entry ZA level)
retrofade

Re: Gruul/kara

Postby retrofade » Wed May 14, 2008 9:28 am

cryptwind wrote:First - I'm uncritable, not uncrushable and I've MT'd Gruul. So it can be done, it's not ideal but it can be done, so you'll have a hard time prtoving he's wrong, but he is.

yeah, I'm looking at his gear, and he is uncrushable.... but he runs with 480def. This all stemmed from a "pally tank" gear thread that our aspiring pallytank posted. I posted up the gear and stats that I thought he should be focusing on upgrading, in order to be uncrittable and uncrushable, with a good amount of stam. Then this guy came along and stated telling him how I was wrong.
retrofade

Postby Brave Sir Thalus » Wed May 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Ask him how much HP a Pally tank should have for Kara. Then make a gear set using Kara/Badge gear that has Uncrushable, Uncrittable and the HP he asks for.
Thalus - L70 - Argent Dawn UK

YNWA
Brave Sir Thalus

Re: Gruul/kara

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 15, 2008 1:42 am

retrofade wrote:
cryptwind wrote:First - I'm uncritable, not uncrushable and I've MT'd Gruul. So it can be done, it's not ideal but it can be done, so you'll have a hard time prtoving he's wrong, but he is.

yeah, I'm looking at his gear, and he is uncrushable.... but he runs with 480def. This all stemmed from a "pally tank" gear thread that our aspiring pallytank posted. I posted up the gear and stats that I thought he should be focusing on upgrading, in order to be uncrittable and uncrushable, with a good amount of stam. Then this guy came along and stated telling him how I was wrong.

Well technically, he's not crittable then with holy shield up. Also, does he have any resilience, because if he does, then he doesn't need 490 def to be uncrittable. He's still a bit of a ignoramus though.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Boomtank » Thu May 15, 2008 2:05 am

maybe hes doing it right
but he tells you you can be crittable and crushable so you look stupid to your guild and he gets the tanking spots and you dont ;)
Boomtank

Postby retrofade » Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 pm

and tonight is the night to find out how it goes....lol
retrofade

Postby retrofade » Sat May 17, 2008 12:55 am

retrofade wrote:and tonight is the night to find out how it goes....lol

he took a ton of spike damage on bosses, but stayed alive... largely due to his priest friend with +2k healing, and a druid popping HoTs on him constantly
retrofade

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents