when using avenging wrath

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

when using avenging wrath

Postby yuuri » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 am

It is surprising to me that avenging wrath is nearly never mentioned in the standard threat/aggro/dmg-cycle. And when mentioned only a few times in many guides.

Is there a special reason for?

It seems to me you should use it in your standard (startingcycle) or save it for emergencies (for example when taunt is on cd and you can pop avenging wrath followed bij avengers shield to regain lost aggro)

What is the general opinion on the use of avenging wrath?
yuuri

Postby Diocaska » Tue May 13, 2008 5:27 am

I use it for pro screenshots on bosskills.

I also use it when I stack 5x vengence on a boss, as a boost for my threat lead, or aoe packs, or anywhere where I want to push my tps.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby mazater » Tue May 13, 2008 5:42 am

It is mentioned as "wings" and you already asked the definition of that in another thread of yours :roll:

And to Dio, true men use Orb of Blackwhelp in boss firstkill screenies!
mazater

Postby Diocaska » Tue May 13, 2008 6:20 am

Mazater wrote:And to Dio, true men use Orb of Blackwhelp in boss firstkill screenies!

OMG DO WANT!

Does Smokey's Lighterwork with it?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby ryan4nayr » Tue May 13, 2008 7:23 am

AW has a pretty long 3 min. cooldown so it's not really mentioned in your typical spell rotations.

But generally in boss encounters, SoRighteousness -> Avenger's Shield -> Avenging Wrath while running in -> JoRighteousness -> Consecrate -> Holy Shield -> Seal.

I left the last seal vague because some like to land JoTCrusader so subsequent SoR/SoV get a little extra kick.

I also fire up AW when a pull goes bad. It's nice keeping loose adds glued to me with AW -> Consecrate even with DPS scattered all over the place.
ryan4nayr

Postby Aedolfmawini » Tue May 13, 2008 7:36 am

I always save it for the first vengeance 5 stack. Pop it at the start of your rotation once you have the stack, and watch the wonderful threat pull away from your dps. :wink:

Use it every time it's up after that, as long as you have a 5 stack.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 7:44 am

The very best moment to pop wings is like...

Pull (shield or bodypull), JoCrusader, SoV SoR cons HS in the preferred rotation, wait until Judgement is at 2 sec CD, THEN pop wings. You'll get more TPS boost than from starting with it already.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Solessa » Tue May 13, 2008 8:33 am

I always use wings on my second consecration use....our dps has been trained to wait to go b/c our MT (wars) are the best at threat gen...so the fact that they can go...and then Really go...well they like its so...looks like this

SoR-Avengers Shield-Conc-HS-Judge Righteousness-Right-Switch seals and pick what yourll be tanking with->Judge->AW->Conc
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 am

If you can pull with AS, save your wings until your 2nd judgement; if you have to bodypull or pull with a Judgement, pop them just before the pull.

The idea is that having a few seconds of wings ticking off while you're not actively generating threat is bad.

Opening with AS (should) give you enough of an opening threat lead that you can wait a few seconds before popping, to get maximum benefit from the boost.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby mazater » Tue May 13, 2008 9:09 am

Diocaska wrote:
Mazater wrote:And to Dio, true men use Orb of Blackwhelp in boss firstkill screenies!

OMG DO WANT!

Well, you can't cast spells while transformed into a blackwhelp atleast.
Not sure about trinkets tho'
mazater

Postby Ciandin » Wed May 14, 2008 11:02 am

Aedolfmawini wrote:I always save it for the first vengeance 5 stack. Pop it at the start of your rotation once you have the stack, and watch the wonderful threat pull away from your dps. :wink:

I believe they recently changed this mechanic, so even if you trinket, wings, whatever, the stack goes back to normal when the buff times out.

And to the OP, why wouldn't you just ask this question in your original "popping wings" topic?
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Cearn » Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

use wings while offtanking and getting MDed!!
woohooos!
Cearn

Postby jere » Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 am

Ciandin wrote:
Aedolfmawini wrote:I always save it for the first vengeance 5 stack. Pop it at the start of your rotation once you have the stack, and watch the wonderful threat pull away from your dps. :wink:

I believe they recently changed this mechanic, so even if you trinket, wings, whatever, the stack goes back to normal when the buff times out.

And to the OP, why wouldn't you just ask this question in your original "popping wings" topic?

I don't think he is talking about the old pop trinkets/wings on the first stack. He specifically mentioned a five stack, so he probably is just talking about waiting until you can do your maximum TPS before popping wings to get the most out of it.
jere

Postby Aedolfmawini » Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 pm

jere wrote: I don't think he is talking about the old pop trinkets/wings on the first stack. He specifically mentioned a five stack, so he probably is just talking about waiting until you can do your maximum TPS before popping wings to get the most out of it.

Indeed.

As cool as the old broken way was.... not what I was referring to.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Hankthetank » Wed May 14, 2008 12:53 pm

Mazater wrote:
Diocaska wrote:

OMG DO WANT!

Well, you can't cast spells while transformed into a blackwhelp atleast.
Not sure about trinkets tho'

I think this is something that definitely needs to be tested.
Hankthetank

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents