How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

bubbles

Postby yuuri » Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 am

as tankadin we can use 3 kind of bubbles:
1. divine intervention
2. blessing of protection
3. divine blessing

I understand the use of the first 1 (using it when party will wipe and I want to save a healer for example)

Concerning the other 2 types, I am not comfortable yet with using them on myself. I think to know that they wipe all my aggro and thats why I nearly never use them on myself, even if I am very very low on health. I am looking for more information about the use of the bubbles especially on myself, so that I can be more versatile in cases of emergency. Could someone give me some explanation or point me to a good guide on this subject?

thnx
yuuri

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:34 am

DI obviously when its going to be a wipe and want to save yourself a repair bill and a corpse run.

Blessing of protection as a secondary taunt. You put this on people who pull aggro when your taunt is on CD. If the mob has a physical attack (which almost everything does) it will stop attacking whoever you bubbled and go to whoevers second on threat (should be you)

Divine Shield to get yourself out of nasty fears that look like they're shooting you into another pack of mobs. You need to cancel the bubble as soon as you cast it. Also make sure all mobs are on you Or if you're taunt is up you can divine shield then taunt, that will keep the mob on you for 4 seconds and that gives you an extra 4 seconds to get heals. Remember to cancel bubble before the Rightous defense debuff fades from the mob.

Also, 3 threads? come on man :P
antiy4ho0

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 am

You will pretty much never use Blessing of Protection on yourself, except if you're using DS/BoP for Nightbane fears. Think of it as a backup taunt for when somebody gets agro and your taunt is down.

Divine Shield is the other one you're thinking of, which is your self bubble. Use it to jump off high places and not die. In all seriousness though, there have been times I have used mine and then instantly taunted things back to me and then dropped it a second or two later just to give lazy healers a chance to heal me if they're slacking.

Your bubble does not wipe your agro, it merely makes the enemy ignore you until the bubble is off, then your threat is back right where it was.

Other uses: Bubbling through Nightbane fears. Also, in Kara there are several pulls of casters I like to AoE so I just bubble and run in and get them packed in then drop the bubble and let the dps go nuts.
Ashmadai

Postby Pillar » Tue May 13, 2008 8:53 am

as for the bubble dropping aggro- it doesnt. you can still generate aggro, but since they cannot attack you during the bubble, most mobs move to the next highest threat. so if you bubble, then release the bubble (or taunt, then release), it gives healers an extra few seconds. definitely a skill to master...
Pillar

Postby Biscotti » Wed May 14, 2008 1:47 am

Use DS and BoP on yourself whenever they're available to save healer mana if you're an OT soaking saber lashes on Halazzi.
Biscotti

Postby mazater » Wed May 14, 2008 2:25 am

Biscotti wrote:Use DS and BoP on yourself whenever they're available to save healer mana if you're an OT soaking saber lashes on Halazzi.

Why didn't I ever think of that?

/crai
mazater

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:12 am

Ehm careful using BoP/DS on Shahraz. Yes it will make you Immune to Saberlashes but has a downside. While bubbled you are on the list for Fatal Attraction and can get it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents