Remove Advertisements

BT/MH threat spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

BT/MH threat spec

Postby Rorshach » Mon May 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey all. Our guild is damn close to 3/6 Sunwell, but we still do MH/BT every week, mostly due to healer attrition and needing to get some healing gear for new ppl.

Using the Tankadin mod I find myself getting one proc, maybe two, a night in MH/BT and so I'm not all that concerned about having Ardent Defender. I looked at Worldie's spec and after picking my jaw up off the ground at what I thought was some kind of horror I looked more closely and liked some of what I saw.

So, for BT/MH I'm considering this as my new spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVoxIh0kGgoxVsx0hcz

Comments, critiques welcome. Click my sig picture for armory.

edit: hmm, guess I logged out with Nightfall equipped last night. Will change that soon :D
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Extremity » Mon May 12, 2008 2:03 pm

I don't know why this couldn't just fall under one of the many threads already talking about this, but whatever.

I've been using the 40/21 spec for ages now in BT/Hyjal and a bit of Sunwell, and like you said, Ardent Defender does kick in now and then but isn't worth the 5 point investment anymore. There are a few things I would do different with your spec. I use this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVbtIx0zMgoxVfx0bcz

I do a point different in the ret tree but that's not really a big deal. The main difference I see between ours in the prot tree involves precision, anticipation, and reckoning. I don't think spending one point in spell warding is worth it, but to each his own.

I decided to keep the points in Anticipation and put another one into precision. I tried a Sanctity build with some points into Reckoning but after a week of using it I didn't find the threat boost of Reckoning to be that reliable over the course of the entire fight. Not saying it's not a boost, just saying I didn't want to spare the points to put there.

All in all I think most Paladins should use a 40/21 spec in BT/Hyjal once their guild is comfortable with the fights. The threat boost is incredible, I'm sure you have a hunter for misdirect, and quite frankly it's worth losing the points in our "hey now and then you might take less damage if you're not killed before it can help you" talent.
Extremity

Postby Lore » Mon May 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Extremity wrote:I don't know why this couldn't just fall under one of the many threads already talking about this, but whatever.

Agreed, please move the discussion to one of the pre-existing threads.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents