Remove Advertisements

Exorcism Threat vs. Holy Shield Threat

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Janduin » Mon May 12, 2008 2:42 am

- Require a shadow priest in your group

Solves all problems. I don't run Kara without one these days. Too slow.
Janduin

Postby Levantine » Mon May 12, 2008 2:51 am

Stealing an Innervate is a TERRIBLE idea. A paladin tank has what, maybe 50mp5 OUTSIDE the 5sr, quadruple that to 200, and you have what my Priest has INSIDE the 5sr, it's barely noticable, and it's only 20 seconds (?) of that regen, 800mana, huzzah!

Mash X and give the Innervate to a Healer who can use their mana to give you mana with better returns.
Levantine

Postby mazater » Mon May 12, 2008 2:54 am

Levantine wrote:Stealing an Innervate is a TERRIBLE idea.

And I'm a terrible person, I tend to steal lots of innervates :(

But then again, If I need an innervate, I'm usually overgeared and the healers wont need it anyways since I don't take much damage.
(Assuming that the tank takes most damage)
mazater

Postby Levantine » Mon May 12, 2008 3:09 am

1) Mash X
2) Get healed
3) Give Healer innervate
4) Mash X some more
5) ???
6) Profit

Failing that, buy moar shadowpriest
Levantine

Postby mazater » Mon May 12, 2008 3:24 am

Levantine wrote:
Failing that, buy moar shadowpriest

I can has you to be my shadowpriest? <3
mazater

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 12, 2008 4:58 am

From what levie tells me, he won't ever be a shadow priest. He actually enjoys healing as a challenge to explore and beat the most effective and efficient way possible.

Personally I keep a healthy stock of life taps(<3 demonic rune/dark rune) for boss fights in T6. Sitting down is hardly an option and there are a few moments where i'll starve if I don't have a spriest and I need the mana.

Ah, and bloodthistle :p My newbiemage is a herbalist and got 5~ stacks of bloodthistle. Need moar spelldamgz
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Cosmoz » Mon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

I usualy dowrank holy shield. or well, almost always, unless i do some aoe. but on undead I rather skip cons and do holy/right/exo if my threat allows it.
Cosmoz

Postby Invisusira » Mon May 12, 2008 8:20 am

Lockdown wrote:Then tell me what exactly there is more to mana regen than taking damage?

Wisdom? As in,

Blessing of

Seal of

Judgement of

There is much more to pally tanking than spamming consecrate, HS, and SoR/V. I hate to pull out the "I was tanking pre-BC" card because it makes me feel like even more of a pompous ass, but apparently I'm already there in this thread so may as well. =D

Pre-BC, you didn't get mana back from heals. I learned how to seal juggle and how to do it very, very well because not doing it wasn't an option.
Judgement and Seal of Wisdom are your best friends, learn how to use them while still maintaining a good lead on your DPS so they aren't capped.

As an added bonus, your mana users (hunters in particular) will absolutely love having Wisdom on the boss.
Invisusira

Postby Mortehl » Mon May 12, 2008 8:23 am

Except on P3 RoS: It's very simple:

Have a Holy paladin run in with you as you're pulling. You Judge wisdom, he judges JoTC. By the time JoTC wears off it really doesn't matter. Problem solved.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lockdown » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

Invisusira wrote:
Lockdown wrote:Then tell me what exactly there is more to mana regen than taking damage?

because it makes me feel like even more of a pompous ass,...

Bullseye.

As a matter of fact, I tanked onyxia with chain innervates back in the old days (With Seal of Fury you only needed autoattack...lol), but that doesn´t mean those methods are still viable today.

We´re talking about "What goddamn choice will have me ending up with MORE threat gen?"

Whacking a mob with SoW sure doesn´t...
The question was not how to avoid running oom, but what to do when u ARE.

Stick to the question of the OP or at least try not to be such an "pompous ass", problem solved :twisted:
Last edited by Lockdown on Mon May 12, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lockdown

Postby Worldie » Mon May 12, 2008 9:49 am

Sitting is fun.

Do it on Maghteridon.

Ye i did it.

No healers didn't like the 20k crit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sapientialb » Mon May 12, 2008 10:12 am

Worldie wrote:Sitting is fun.

Do it on Maghteridon.

Ye i did it.

No healers didn't like the 20k crit.

That was the night of having someone's alt as part of our 2 man healer crew, my poor pocket pally had enough gray hairs by the end of the night as it was.

As always thanks for all the advice. I think I'm at the confident enough in Kara place in my life that I'm just gonna start running it with Flask of blinding light and screw the 250hp from the elixir.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Lore » Mon May 12, 2008 10:34 am

Lockdown wrote:
Invisusira wrote:

because it makes me feel like even more of a pompous ass,...

Bullseye.

As a matter of fact, I tanked onyxia with chain innervates back in the old days (With Seal of Fury you only needed autoattack...lol), but that doesn´t mean those methods are still viable today.

We´re talking about "What goddamn choice will have me ending up with MORE threat gen?"

Whacking a mob with SoW sure doesn´t...
The question was not how to avoid running oom, but what to do when u ARE.

Stick to the question of the OP or at least try not to be such an "pompous ass", problem solved :twisted:

Control yourself.

Invisusira answered the question of the OP quite well. If you don't like the answer, feel free to provide a detailed counter-argument that doesn't consist of quoting one minor part of a large post and ignoring the rest.

I will also point out that preventative measures are just as valid as reactive ones. If you never go OOM, you don't have to worry about how to deal with being OOM.

If you want to answer "What choice will reward me with more threat gen?" the answer is "Don't run out of mana."
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lockdown » Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am

Sry for not liking your co-mods style of "answering" ^^

Actually, I´m quite able to control myself.
Still, I was the only one until now to actually "try" to do some rough math on it.
Witty remarks don´t help answering a valid question imho.
Lockdown

Postby Lore » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 am

You are allowed to disagree with anyone on these boards as much as you like, but you are expected to defend your viewpoint when doing so. Thus far you haven't provided any counterpoint to the "Juggle seals so you don't run out of mana" argument you so despise, and have instead accused the posters of ignoring the question, as well as being pompous and ignorant.

Invisusira is not a moderator of anything outside of Arkham Asylum. I defend him because his point is valid and he has proven himself in the past, not because of any semi-professional affiliations I have with him.

I see no further need for this thread to continue.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents