Remove Advertisements

idea for an MT threat spec...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby moduspwnens » Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 am

Songblade wrote:Granted, for the cookie cutter specs, there is some room for flexibility based on preference, but you are losing way too much by defecting from the spec by that much.

However, I have noticed that Worldi, t6 prot pally, has Sanctity Aura in his/her build. I figure if he/she has that at t6 level, he/she must be doing something right... But I'm guessing that he/she is not an MT.

My guild has a Retribution Paladin, but I'm not usually in his group. For threat-heavy fights, I get moved into his group. If you have a ret paladin, or even a holy paladin that can spec into Sanctity Aura (not sacrificing much), it's probably better to work with that than give up some good talents.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sammuel » Sun May 11, 2008 2:35 pm

yeah i agree Modus... good ret pallies are hard to find.. i used to be one but switched to prot when our old MT went afk... used to out dps some of our casters hehe was fun. Miss being ret and would love to have one standing beside me...but without one im limited later in the game from what i can read... guess it doesnt matter wotlk will be out b4 we get to any of that lol
"everything is easier with a pally tank"
Sammuel

Postby Lore » Sun May 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Imp SoR is actually pretty good for threat, but it's not worth it point-for-point when you consider the 5 wasted points on divine int or divine strength. I think of it more as a little threat boost for hybrid holy/prot offtank specs.

Dropping Combat Expertise is silly. You wouldn't tank a boss without Kings, would you?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sammuel » Sun May 11, 2008 3:46 pm

i totally agree lore... combat expertise is a must... its too hard for us to compete with warriors and druids with health and still be able to hold threat... this talent actually effects BOTH threat AND health... 3% more total damage is 3+% more threat.... and you may be right on the imp SoR... might not be worth trading the points out of deflection for. But cant blame a person for trying lol :)
"everything is easier with a pally tank"
Sammuel

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents