Remove Advertisements

My first post (but big fan of the site) need help :(

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Sinnegorth » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 am

Without seeing your spell dam - if you are geared enough to tank in Hyjal your threat should be blowing warriors away. In my full uncrushable set with full raid buff I am over +600 spell damage. No warrior out there can touch me in threat with that gear. That's including over 20k health full raid buff.
Sinnegorth

Postby Robbert » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:42 am

On trash, especially when there is CC involved in close proximity to where mobs are actively being tanked, we can easily run into threat issues as Concecrate may not be an option. You're also not able to make great use of SotC on trash as you take a short term threat hit to judge it but get a long term threat gain, and trash pulls are generally about short term threat. In addition to all of that, trash (in general) does not hit as hard which means you're getting less heals and less mana return which is yet another hit to your threat generated.

In short...don't use trash pulls to compare tps between the tanking classes then use the results to determine who will generate the most threat on a boss or in a different situation.
Robbert

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents