My first post (but big fan of the site) need help :(

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

My first post (but big fan of the site) need help :(

Postby Temp » Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Well first off let me start to say i love this website i just started reading a bunch of things about gear for BT how to get it etc, thanks :)

But i got couple of questions i am tanking for the guild in hyjal (trash) and BT (just adds) we have a warrior that main tanks the bosses

But i would love to start tanking some bosses but for some reason when i am tanking a add my TPS is no more then 500-650 when a warrior can come and pop 1000+ just makes me look bad lol

Is there a way that i can make my TPS like that or even more??

This is my armory link please dont ROFL at it lol been tanking only for 3 weeks now

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... emptationn

If there are any suggestions on spec or anything like that please feel free to post

Thanks a bunch
Temp
Temp

Postby Seloei » Sat May 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Fact is, TPS on trash isnt something big, they all die fast enough that our dots dont have time to build up. Not to mention omen doesnt do a fair job lately

That gear id be guessing more of a stable ~1k TPS, unless you are not using a proper rotation.

there are plenty of ways of finding out your real TPS, but that is only necessary on bosses. Since you are an "OT" in the runs the warriors target will die first anyway and you will ahve enough threat
Seloei

Postby Temp » Sat May 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Cool thanks for the fast responce

For trash its somthing like

Me on second target to be killed(X) pop Seal of Righteousness before the pull and holy shild then judge it and keep seal of righteousness on at all time and judge it when its up same with holy shild up at all time.

can it be the group set up should i have a ret paladin with me most of the time i have warrior(s 2) druid,warlock, hunter and my self should i pop my self in with a ret paladin for the extra boost

Also is recokning worth getting?
Temp

Postby Zek » Sat May 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Are you fitting Consecretion into your Threat Rotation? O.o, that might be the reason your TPS is lacking.

Reckoning for the most part is a 5-6% (I do believe I read that in one of the posts around here) TPS increase. It's in an odd position since it scales backwards as you increase your overall avoidance.

Taking a Ret paladin out of the Melee DPS group hinders his DPS output, your threat generation should be fine if you have the right threat rotation o.o.
Zek

Postby Temp » Sat May 10, 2008 3:01 pm

kk thanks all now i just need to find some post about rotations lol :)

Thanks a bunch
Temp

Postby Songblade » Sun May 11, 2008 10:25 am

Call me one-sided, but I believe that is the main reason you would bring a ret pally to a raid...

The 3% crit is pretty nice, but can be used by a prot pally too... and Sanctity Aura increases damage by 2% (omg) for any class not using holy spells.

Other than that, they have the ability to keep judgements up on the target by themselves, which in a raid with a prot pally, you are gonna have wisdom and crusader up anyway, so it's not gonna be all that great of a benefit...

IMO, other than a threat increase for a prot pally, there is 1 reason to bring a ret pally to a raid rather than like a rogue, who can output vastly more DPS than even a ret pally can give to a raid, that reason is an extra blessing... and for that you can just bring a holy pally...

I get really annoyed when I go to a raid, and the ret pally is not in my group because it "hinders" his already meager DPS. I mean, an increase in my threat means that the rest of the raid can do more damage without pulling aggro anyway... which is really useful when I'm in full MT tanking gear pulling only about 800-1000 tps, and the warlocks are easily pulling 1200+

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Levantine » Sun May 11, 2008 10:45 am

Songblade, a Ret Pally can do about the same damage as any of the other support DPS classes, as well as bringing another Blessing to the table, and enabling every Paladin in the raid to Judge the mob in question, and have the judgement stick to the mob.

Judgement of Light is amazing for keeping melee up and relieving stress on healers. Wisdom is like crack for many DPS classes (lol Beast Mastery Hunters) and allows them to be reckless in their rotations with less worry of runnning themselves OOM. Imroved Crusader is MORE than a 3% DPS increase for DPS Warriors, Rogues, Hunters and Elemental Shamans, and about a 3% increase for other DPS classes that don't have the insane crit modifiers.

If you'd prefer meybe 500DPS more from one Rogue than all of the utility and support that a Retribution Paladin can bring, then go ahead, but I know I'm pushing for my guild to find one, and fast.
Levantine

Postby Songblade » Sun May 11, 2008 10:56 am

Ok, well either way, the point you make isn't very relevant to my problem (no offense) of him not being in my group for a threat increase. Imp Crusader can be used no matter what group he is in, as can Crusader Strike. But the raid leaders in my guild insist he be in a different group so that he can output more DPS, which isn't very much in the first place.

Songblade

Postby Kitria » Sun May 11, 2008 10:57 am

Temp wrote:kk thanks all now i just need to find some post about rotations lol :)

Thanks a bunch

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=4750
Kitria

Postby Levantine » Sun May 11, 2008 11:09 am

Why move the Paladin? Why not kick one of the buff soaking rogues and move yourself into HIS group. Windfury is a nice threat increast as well.
Levantine

Postby Songblade » Sun May 11, 2008 11:10 am

I have tried, they won't let me do that either...

Songblade

Postby Levantine » Sun May 11, 2008 11:13 am

/shrug

It's not the Ret Pally's fault your Raid Leader is a dumbass.
Levantine

Postby Songblade » Sun May 11, 2008 11:31 am

Yes it is, the raid leader is the one who tells me to ask the ret pally, the ret pally is the one who says no... -.-

Songblade

Postby Levantine » Sun May 11, 2008 11:49 am

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's so fucked up. Why does he want to keep the rogue in the group for the threat sensetive fights? Does he realise all the rogue is doing is mooching an extra 2% damage off him?
Levantine

Postby Songblade » Sun May 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Not to mention the windfury from some enhancement shaman, and leader of the pack from some feral druid... -.-

Songblade

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents