Remove Advertisements

What is the hit rating and expertise cap for humans?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What is the hit rating and expertise cap for humans?

Postby Arthurious » Thu May 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Hey, I tried looking over the stickies and couldn't find it. I just wanted to verify these

1) how much hit rating is required so AS and Taunt don't miss?
2) how much expertise is required for a human?
Arthurious

Postby Worldie » Fri May 09, 2008 5:29 am

1) Exactly same of everyone else
2) Same as everyone else, they just get expertise+5 so 5 less to stack from gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arthurious » Fri May 09, 2008 2:55 pm

need more info

what are the caps
Arthurious

Postby Yinramu » Fri May 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Yinramu

Postby Minn » Sat May 10, 2008 12:27 am

Assuming 3/3 Precision, 5/5 Combat Expertise and only taking expertise up to a 6.5% dodge cap, on a boss fight you're aiming for 95 hit rating and +83 expR (+63 expR for humans using a mace or sword).

Thing is, you're still going to get a 1% miss rate, no matter how high you push your hit rating. Also, I wouldn't say that any expertise is "required" for paladin tanks, many have done fine without any bonuses from gear. Reducing both dodge and parry makes it a nice stat, but you'll generally get better returns from spell damage (threat) or stamina (EH).
Minn

Postby Worldie » Sat May 10, 2008 12:51 am

No.

Hit rating CAN be capped. You can get to 0% miss with 9% hit.
Spellhit you can't cap, you'll always have 1% miss, cap is at 16%
Expertise cannot really be capped since noone knows the parry chance for bosses. You can remove dodge from the table with enough expertise for 5% removal.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arthurious » Sat May 10, 2008 7:46 am

thanks

i've read bosses parry at a rate of about 15%

so is it worth getting about 15% worth of expertise to cut down boss parries?
Arthurious

Postby Fridmarr » Sat May 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Arthurious wrote:thanks

i've read bosses parry at a rate of about 15%

so is it worth getting about 15% worth of expertise to cut down boss parries?

No, it requires too much sacrifice.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sat May 10, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm not even sure it's even possible to get enough expertise to remove parryes from the table.

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents