Remove Advertisements

what gear do you all use for SSO dailys

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

what gear do you all use for SSO dailys

Postby Mortiran » Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am

Ok these quests are awesome for making money and most of them go pretty quick however there are a couple which are just a pain in my keister as prot with prot gear. Mostly the one where you kill the mobs to get mana remnants and the one you have to blood knights. If you are doing these solo do you do them in your prot gear or is it faster in holy or ret gear?
Mortiran

Postby Solessa » Wed May 07, 2008 9:18 am

Bring a friend...
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 07, 2008 9:26 am

I usually stack about 600-700 spell dmg, and wear my alar trinket, JoR crits for 2k @ +1k dmg is nice on mobs with only 5k hp. Even then i round up a few blood knights and summoners and a marksman or two and just aoe, they all die really fast.

This is most of the gear from my "threat set" 2p T4 and such.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:28 am

I throw on gear with some extra spell damage and intellect. It helps get them down faster and keeps my mana pool high enough that I'm not drinking between every mob.

I've found that killing the fiends is preferable to killing the devourers. Their mana burn is less intense and easily interruptable with HoJ. Since we're in phase 4 I try to avoid this quest until the very end. Compared to the others it's too time consuming to be worth the 9g and 150 rep.

I haven't really found the blood knights to be a problem.

For me, the key to getting these quests done faster was to avoid my prot instincts and only take on one mob at a time. I can take one devourer down fairly quickly and without going oom. If I try to take down a lot at once, my mana's gone in 5 seconds and I end up in an epic 10 minute snore-fest of auto-attacking while they slowly kill themselves on my ret aura.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Shirak » Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 am

I found if I bring my wife (Arcane/frost mage) and let her DPS while I heal and throw a consecrate from time to time, they die a lot faster :lol:
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Re: what gear do you all use for SSO dailys

Postby jere » Wed May 07, 2008 10:13 am

Mortiran wrote:Mostly the one where you kill the mobs to get mana remnants

1. Kill wretched fiends (cleanse their channeled attacks)
2. Avoid wretched devourers
3. Profit

Mortiran wrote:and the one you have to blood knights.

I go spell dmg gear and stack SoV on them. If my stun is on cooldown, then they might get one heal off, but they rarely try to heal a 2nd time so soon after the first.
jere

Postby Frickit » Wed May 07, 2008 10:27 am

my girlfriend is a holy priest she loves brining me she says its like having a mage with her.

I put on a couple mp5/sd rings some righteousness pieces and what ever blue plate/mail spell damage i can find in my bags. any thing that gives you regen/high int and spell damage will make grindng easy.
Frickit

Postby Jtree » Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 am

My pally got exalted in about three weeks (nightly H MgT FTW). So I do the dailies on my priest instead, who can kill things faster, whether holy or discipline, than the prot pally can. 10K mana pool makes the devourers trivial.
Jtree

Postby BigBlueCheese » Wed May 07, 2008 10:52 am

Three 70s. Destruction warlock and fire mage make dailies trivial.

But if I'm still looking for more gold, I just put on a melee dps gear. And I'm sure I'm not the only tankadin that has collected both DPS gear and healing gear over the course of their tanking career.
BigBlueCheese

Postby solina » Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 am

I throw on my crappy Ret set for most of the stuff actually done on the Isle. Those demons give me fits no matter what I do though..
solina

Return to Basic Training & Talents