Remove Advertisements

Dodge, Parry or Block

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Dodge, Parry or Block

Postby ctraltdel » Tue May 06, 2008 7:04 am

Hi all,

This is my 1st post here, have this question that has been bugging me.

I have a Tankadin tat has

498 Def
13.91% dodge
15.92% parry
36.03% block

Is my block too high? or should i pay attention to dodge or parry more?
ctraltdel

Postby Janduin » Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 am

I mean, the short answer is (ideally) yes, but it would help to have an armory link so we can see what gear level you are at. It's hard to stack dodge at low gear level and trying to reach uncrushable, which I would guess is where you are at.

It will also depend a lot on what you are tanking. I would say all good tanking pallies have multiple gearsets depending on whether they are tanking trash or bosses. My block % in my block value set is something like 44%...in my boss set it's more like 19%.
Janduin

Postby ctraltdel » Tue May 06, 2008 7:16 am

Janduin wrote:I mean, the short answer is (ideally) yes, but it would help to have an armory link so we can see what gear level you are at. It's hard to stack dodge at low gear level and trying to reach uncrushable, which I would guess is where you are at.

It will also depend a lot on what you are tanking. I would say all good tanking pallies have multiple gearsets depending on whether they are tanking trash or bosses. My block % in my block value set is something like 44%...in my boss set it's more like 19%.

This is the link to the armory profile.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Kyouichi
ctraltdel

Postby guillex » Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 am

I'd change the neck and cloak. Those are probably the two biggest block pieces ... along with the BR enchant on your crest.

Again, it all depends on what you're tanking. A high br/bv set would be for trash or farming.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Janduin » Tue May 06, 2008 7:55 am

In many ways your set resembles what my block set looks like (sort of). Here are my suggestions for changes you can make for boss tanking set (assuming you can remain uncrushable). I've grouped them into Rep Reward/Badges and Drop categories. All the stuff I'm telling you to replace here for bosses you should save for block set.

Rep Reward/Badges:
Chest: 2.3 badge chest, 75 BoJ
Legs: 2.4 badge legs, 100 BoJ
Neck: Strength of the Untamed (CE Revered rep)
Back: Silkk's, 35 BoJ
Shield: SSO dodge shield (SSO exalted rep)
Belt: Yours is good, could think about Girdle of the Protector if you have spare badges, would give you some dodge.

Drops:
Neck: Barbed Choker of Discipline (Maiden)
Trinket: Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch (Moroes, obviously)
Back: Devilshark Cape (Warlord Kalithresh(sp?) in SV)
Trinket: Adamantite Figurine (Blackheart the Inciter, Shadowlabs)

I'm probably forgetting stuff, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

It's hard to get uncrushable and stay that way in Kara/T4 content..it's likely you won't be able to implement all some combinations even if you can get it and stay uncrushable, but yeah, more dodge is the way to go. It'll happen eventually.

Lastly, if droppin the stam trinket allows you to increase your dodge significantly, I would do it...I didn't run with a stam trinket equipped until I was into T5 content for this reason except on certian fights.
Janduin

Return to Basic Training & Talents