Remove Advertisements

LoH

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Baelor » Mon May 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Worldie wrote:LoH should have 5 mins cd.

Or even less.

Let's look at it, Resto Druids and Shamans got some nice button called Nature Swiftness, they press the macro for that + their fattest heal, it will heal for 8-9k, at very low mana cost, with 3 min CD.

LoH will heal for our 20k+ HP.... once per hour, and draining all our mana.

A Holy Paladin LoH will heal for -maybe- 10k, still once per hour, and draining all their 11k+ mana...

Shamans are to Nature's Swiftness as Paladins are to Divine Favor.

The problem here is that Divine Favor'ing a Holy Shock is still wimpy, and that Divine Favor'ing a Holy Light still takes 2 seconds (minus haste) at best to land. Lay on Hands is a separate matter entirely.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Soulhound » Tue May 13, 2008 7:18 am

The first line of Worldie's post shocked me, but it made sense compared to Nature's Swiftness and all. Divine Favor is nice, but as you said, it doesn't exactly make any of our spells amazing. Now, how about Divine Favor + LoH? :)

Holy Paladin's overall are the best single target healers. Hands down. That could be what keeps LoH from becoming stronger.

I've played a Holy Paladin for about a year now, and have raided quite a bit. I rarely use LoH, and only recently stared eyeing it since I've been toying with Prot. We had been fighting Kael in HMgT and someone on vent told me to pop my LoH on myself since I was the last man standing and I couldn't find the button in time. >_> Nub move, I digress, but it was only my second Heroic as a tank. NEVER AGAIN! :D
A waist is a terrible thing to mind. -- Ziggy
Soulhound

Postby Erlata » Tue May 13, 2008 7:29 am

LoH is only of any sort of use now days on a prot pala healing himself or maybe another tank if there not tanking... They should move it to the prot tree but then omg it would be sooo full and we wouldn't have the points to spend on it. They just need to combine something nice with a talent we all use like Holy shield talent or that. I think the CD of it should be between 20-30 mins.
Erlata

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 am

Soulhound wrote:The first line of Worldie's post shocked me, but it made sense compared to Nature's Swiftness and all. Divine Favor is nice, but as you said, it doesn't exactly make any of our spells amazing. Now, how about Divine Favor + LoH? :)

Holy Paladin's overall are the best single target healers. Hands down. That could be what keeps LoH from becoming stronger.

I've played a Holy Paladin for about a year now, and have raided quite a bit. I rarely use LoH, and only recently stared eyeing it since I've been toying with Prot. We had been fighting Kael in HMgT and someone on vent told me to pop my LoH on myself since I was the last man standing and I couldn't find the button in time. >_> Nub move, I digress, but it was only my second Heroic as a tank. NEVER AGAIN! :D

The problem with LoH is that in the past holy paladins used to stack big amounts of MP5 in order to never be OOM, toghether with the 100% mana back from crits, you could basically never be oom. LoH someone then pot and you are back healing for the rest of the fight.
Back in vanilla, paladins would have had, let's say, 4-5k HP fullbuffed, tanks had about 8-10k, so LoH would have istantly healed the warrior for 50-75% of his HP AND gave him 30% armor for 2 minutes, so the cd was almost justified, it could have actually saved from a wipe.
Now however, a paladin will have let's say, 9-10k HP; tanks tend to have 24k HP or something close to that. No clever paladin will ever use LoH unless it's a extreme dangerous situation, and even there, a Shaman or Druid would have healed for more at less mana (compare 800-900 with 11k+) and would have been able to repeat that 3 mins after.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Mon May 19, 2008 8:30 am

Indeed, the imp.LoH is the only reason for a holy paladin to use it now. They can spam holy light down to 0 mana, then Lay on Hands and pot. iIf you holy paladins take turns to do this then they can regen a bit after they LoH before they start healing again and keep the 30% armour buff up for 6min (if you have 3 paladins) which is pretty pro.
Candiru

Postby Robbert » Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 am

WTB Imp LoH in the prot tree. I'd love to have that as another tanking tool but can't justify losing 5 parry to pick it up. Now...if it were in the prot tree somewhere then I could see sacrificing 2 points from somewhere to pick it up.
Robbert

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 11:21 am

Worldie wrote:LoH should have 5 mins cd.

A Holy Paladin LoH will heal for -maybe- 10k, still once per hour, and draining all their 11k+ mana...

I do agree, LOH's HORRIBLE mana cost should lower the CD to 5 min, i think 3 would be too much, cause I know I could probably solo the last bos in hero SH if it was 3 minutes (lots of adds + fotc and 3 min LOH and 5 minute bubble + bandage)
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Eanin » Wed May 21, 2008 10:39 am

I personally use LoH all the time, whenever my health gets really low. I find it's rarely on cooldown when I use it that way.

I saw a holy paladin use LoH on Sunday for the first time ever. Basically, I was tanking Azgalor adds and my other healer had died, and he was oom with his pot on cooldown.

A holy ability that I've seen a holy paladin use once ever is not a very good ability.
Eanin

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 10:59 am

I have 2 uses for LoH
1: A Close kill where me dieing may be a wipe
2: Ticking into spite's read bweam and loh a healer for 40k health to hear they scream "FUCKIN OP PALLY" on vent.

For me, Imp LoH should be baseline, and holy should get a new imp loh talent to reduce it's cooldown to 10~ minutes and maybe turn it into a 50% of caster's max hp hot/heal
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents