Damage % - breakdown

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Damage % - breakdown

Postby solina » Sat May 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Every instance I do, my #1 damage source is consceration, at about 30%. That seems normal and expected. What is less expected, though, is that melee is #2 at around 20%, and SoR is further down (roughly 10%). I would have expect the reverse; does this look right? I probably have SoR up around 80% of swings.
solina

Postby holysdrjr » Sat May 03, 2008 10:10 pm

I dunno about the damage breakdown, so I'll just address your SoR uptime of 80% because that's a large amount of threat you are losing out on.

Because "Judgement" doesn't cost a GCD, you can judge and reseal at the same time. I use a macro something like

/cast Judgement
/cast Seal of Righteousness

Just wait until Judgement cooldown and the GCD is done before you click/press/G15 the next Judgement this way, not even lag can cause a miss of a SoR proc.
holysdrjr

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun May 04, 2008 6:25 am

That's not always optimal though holysdrjr.

Unless I'm seal weaving Holy Shield and consecration are more important to me personally than resealing SoR so if they're coming off cooldown simultaneously I'll use them first with the Judgement then SoR.

You lose less TPS that way (read: Judgement starts it's CD you lose 1 maybe 2 swings at absolute worst of SoR and you've kept your main defence + your main threat generation ability running).

It's also worth it to consider that white damage outDPSing SoR isn't all that surprising since white can crit SoR can't, and depending on your group and gear your SoR might hit for the same/less than your whit anyway (obviously for less threat).
The distinction of knowing when to use what abilities is quite important for that and even the way I do it isn't always right and probably isn't ideal in everyone's mind.
That's how I've come to justify it though.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby solina » Mon May 05, 2008 8:22 am

holysdrjr wrote:I dunno about the damage breakdown, so I'll just address your SoR uptime of 80% because that's a large amount of threat you are losing out on.

Because "Judgement" doesn't cost a GCD, you can judge and reseal at the same time.

I would guess I lose more SoR-buffed swings from things like putting JoL/JoW/JoC up (and if mana-starved, keeping SoW up after I have a comfortable threat lead) than having no seal at all. I just had no idea I was getting so much white damage in comparison.. after threat modifiers, I'm seeing roughly equal threat from white vs. SoR apparently.
solina

Postby Lore » Mon May 05, 2008 8:33 am

QuantumDelta wrote:That's not always optimal though holysdrjr.

Unless I'm seal weaving Holy Shield and consecration are more important to me personally than resealing SoR so if they're coming off cooldown simultaneously I'll use them first with the Judgement then SoR.

You lose less TPS that way (read: Judgement starts it's CD you lose 1 maybe 2 swings at absolute worst of SoR and you've kept your main defence + your main threat generation ability running).

It's also worth it to consider that white damage outDPSing SoR isn't all that surprising since white can crit SoR can't, and depending on your group and gear your SoR might hit for the same/less than your whit anyway (obviously for less threat).
The distinction of knowing when to use what abilities is quite important for that and even the way I do it isn't always right and probably isn't ideal in everyone's mind.
That's how I've come to justify it though.

IIRC from some math that was done a while ago, losing a swing of SoR is significantly worse than waiting 2 seconds to judge. Anecdotally, I've been running without imp judgement for about 2 weeks now, and haven't noticed any threat loss as a result.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents