How to grind Casters?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Lookit » Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 am

jere wrote: Of course, I really haven't played many high DPS classes, so maybe my perception of fast enough isn't skewed by having played with faster dps.

Heh, I have a 70 rogue as well, which means I'm used to casters dying in under 10 seconds. On my pally, I just stack as much spell damage as I can (using healing gear as needed) and my Libram of Divine Purpose, and they go down pretty fast. While that's not very helpful for someone still leveling who won't have access to 600+ spell damage or badge loot, it's the best I've got! =P

My only advice while leveling is, whatever you do, don't fight two healing mobs at once! Good lord, that is an entire afternoon blown right there.
Lookit

Postby Wyleai » Wed May 07, 2008 6:53 pm

mana tap and run. 8)

Once the fool gets the idea to chase me down, and leaves the safety of being too close to others for me to take on solo, I turn around and run in to show them what for.

Or better, if I have a corner, avengers shield to anger the caster and all of her buddies, then go around the corner so they all get the bright idea to come after me and stand in the same spot. At this point, caster? What caster?
Wyleai

Postby Levantine » Wed May 07, 2008 10:25 pm

The ones that are ignoring your phat armorz and shieldz. ;)
Levantine

Postby Wyleai » Wed May 07, 2008 10:41 pm

They can't ignore my 1337 health, phat consecration, and u8er hammer of justice. :P

seal wisdom, pull, judge wisdom, consecrate, holy shield, seal justice, mana tap, wack, wack, wack, consecrate, wack, wack, wack, hammer, wack, wack, wack, arcane torrent, wack, wack, oops... dead guy stuck on the end of my mace...

8)

For casters my norm is to judge wisdom and then seal justice. I don't try to DPS them ultra fast, I try to keep them from being able to do anything. Seal of Justice interrupts about half of their attempts to cast.
Wyleai

Postby Levantine » Wed May 07, 2008 10:46 pm

It's when you pull three or four of them that you'll find out that casters are mean.
Levantine

Postby Aedolfmawini » Thu May 08, 2008 11:11 am

Hmm... grinding casters...

I KNOW! Hit level 80 and maybe you'll have some abilities that could make it remotely possible. Until then, run.
Aedolfmawini

Postby bub64882 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Apparently it is intended that you log onto your Death Knight to grind casters.
bub64882

Postby Lt Smith » Wed May 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Lookit wrote:
My only advice while leveling is, whatever you do, don't fight two healing mobs at once! Good lord, that is an entire afternoon blown right there.

This is some of the most sound advice I've seen in a long time! Made that mistake once... once.
Lt Smith

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents