Remove Advertisements

When to go 49/12

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

When to go 49/12

Postby Tastetheradness » Thu May 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Greetings

This is my first post so I’ll start by saying thank you to all of you who contribute as I have found this forum nothing but a gold mine of information since deciding at level 68 that I wanted to tank instead of spamming flash of light in the end game. Without the stickies and many helpful guides on this site I would still be sitting here scratching my head saying “mitigation?”.

Although I still have a lot to learn, I though I might make this post to clarify something.

I picked up the awesome mace that our friend Kael drops in H MgT (still working out the timing to bubble and avoid that damn pyro) last night and in reading about it I found that most tankadins drop reckoning from their build.

The question is what sort of stats should I be looking at before jumping to a 0/49/12 build that most people seem to use.

At this point I can tank most heroics I attempt, my guild is rather small and we are yet to make a full kara clear, we can get everything up to shade done in about 2 hours. At this stage I’m looking to upgrade my boots to the badge ones and after that grab the back and legs. Although I do have a fair few blues left to replace I have a idea of what I need to get for most slots and am just waiting for them to drop or farm enough badges.

And advice would really help me out.

Armoury: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... r&n=Mazath
Tastetheradness

Postby xstrykr » Thu May 01, 2008 5:57 pm

The short answer: when you're good and ready.

The long answer: when you're good and ready.

Whenever you decide to change your talent spec, no matter what class you are, you need to have some time to play around with it and see how you like it. You might as well make the change now, because the changes that you feel now would probably be a lot easier to overcome than say, a month or so from now, when you've decked yourself out in badge gear and filled in the gaps.

One thing that I've found on my tankadin is that my gear doesn't affect my talent spec nor my playstyle - rather the fact that I am a tankadin is the reason for my playstyle, which in turn affects my gear choices.
xstrykr

Postby Talmus » Fri May 23, 2008 10:50 am

Yeah, I think it's so easy to become concerned about the 'right' spec and forget that it's all about what works for you. For me right now the minimal benefit to spell miss I get out of PoJ and the 15% speed increase is worth more to me than spell warding + second point in improved judgment. Two weeks from now I might change my mind and decide to switch based on what I'm doing at that point. If my gear ever gets good enough I might drop Anticipation to pick up 2/2 spell warding and 3/5 reckoning. That's the nice thing about our talent tree...we can switch things around and a decent amount and not have to regear to do it.
Talmus

Return to Basic Training & Talents