Remove Advertisements

Ardent Defender vs Reckoning

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Robbert » Tue May 27, 2008 11:03 am

Niia wrote:Honestly, im kind of stuck too. I used to have 5/5 reckoning and dropped to 3/5 for spell warding..AD is a must as far as im concerned, especially going into MH/BT. I actually think im going to drop Reckoning completely for PoJ just because we are getting into MH and with AoE tanking reckoning doesnt really even seem usefull..i dont know.

Reckoning is extremely useful in AoE tanking situations, especially on the Hyjal trash. It does however require a bit of extra work to make use of.

Beyond refreshing Concecrate and Holy Shield with every cooldown I'm constantly tabbing through the pack of mobs around me. If I see another tank has the attention of a mob I continue tabbing until I get to one targeting me. If exorcisim is up I pop that and tab again. If judgement is up I pop that and tab again. If neither are up I attack the mob a few times before I tab yet again. With reckoning up I'm usually doubling the added single target threat generated in that pause on a mob. I've found this reduces the number of mobs pulled off my by the AoE dpsers.
Robbert

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Robbert wrote:
Niia wrote:Honestly, im kind of stuck too. I used to have 5/5 reckoning and dropped to 3/5 for spell warding..AD is a must as far as im concerned, especially going into MH/BT. I actually think im going to drop Reckoning completely for PoJ just because we are getting into MH and with AoE tanking reckoning doesnt really even seem usefull..i dont know.

Reckoning is extremely useful in AoE tanking situations, especially on the Hyjal trash. It does however require a bit of extra work to make use of.

Beyond refreshing Concecrate and Holy Shield with every cooldown I'm constantly tabbing through the pack of mobs around me. If I see another tank has the attention of a mob I continue tabbing until I get to one targeting me. If exorcisim is up I pop that and tab again. If judgement is up I pop that and tab again. If neither are up I attack the mob a few times before I tab yet again. With reckoning up I'm usually doubling the added single target threat generated in that pause on a mob. I've found this reduces the number of mobs pulled off my by the AoE dpsers.

I disagree. Reckoning is especially useless in AoE tanking situations, because for the most part in those situations you are trying to hold aggro on multiple mobs through Consecrate and Holy Shield, and your melee swings are mostly irrelevant. On Hyjal trash I sometimes don't even have autoattack on.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Robbert » Tue May 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Reckoning is especially useless in AoE tanking situations, because for the most part in those situations you are trying to hold aggro on multiple mobs through Consecrate and Holy Shield, and your melee swings are mostly irrelevant. On Hyjal trash I sometimes don't even have autoattack on.

Well...if you're not autoattacking on Hyjal trash then I agree that Reckoning won't do anything for you. I did point out how it can be used to great effect specifically on Hyjal trash, and it's worked well for me.
Robbert

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents