Remove Advertisements

So, how many Kara Bosses can a Tankadin (me) Single Tank

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Spudge_Boy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Katatonia wrote:And I guess I just wouldn't recommend "just tank it all" to someone asking what they can and can't tank. You do stuff like that when you don't need to ask anymore.

You are confusing me being cautious, with me not being able to accomplish it.

If you read through the posts, I said that I always underestimate what I am really capable of while everybody else says I will be fine.

I am not asking these questions, because I think I am going to get raped. I am asking which ones are doable with one tank.

So far, with the strats provided, it looks like most will be easy, while some will be a pain. :)
Spudge_Boy

Postby denn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:15 pm

thorn wrote:
Katatonia wrote:And I guess I just wouldn't recommend "just tank it all" to someone asking what they can and can't tank. You do stuff like that when you don't need to ask anymore.

very good point.

No, sometimes you've just never done it before. I didn't even think of solo tanking Attunemen and Midnight till i did it accidentally one run. Same with the big robots before Curator , no OT one night, raid says 'well we'll see how it goes...' it is easy to overestimate how hard these mobs hit. particularly if you're running the harder heroics, Kara is full of weenies and it's easy to forget that.

As far as Moroes, I prefer (and have for a while) to tank as many of the adds as they'll let me. No worries about resisted traps, broken shackles, etc and you can kill Moroes that much faster == that many less blinds and garrotes.

DPS is the key to multi tanking mobs.
denn

Postby Sockpuppet » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:47 pm

I have no tanking gear outside of Gruuls lair/10mans/heroics and I easily solotank everything in Karazhan, the other day we went in to kara w/o and warlock/mage so I tanked all four adds at Crone, also tanked moroes and prot warrior/ret pally/holy pally because we only had one priest out of our two healers in that group, cleared it in record time for our guild aswell. I can add that no one in the group had any gear better than T4/Badge items.
So basicly yeah, I think you'll do great in kara w/ the right setup, it's not as hard as you might think.
Sunburns are clearly our body's way of telling us we need to hurry up and evolve some armor plating or something.
Sockpuppet

Postby thorn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:51 pm

denn wrote:DPS is the key to multi tanking mobs.

dps and good healers.

that's one thing most people don't understand about tanking, and especially paladin tanking. it looks badass to the onlooker, but really? it involves so much faith in your teammates.

in heroics, for example, you use your gear to augument the amount of damage you choose to take based on how good you know your healer is. and because you do this, you allow more mana to seep into your bar, hence allowing your dps more freedom to dps faster. this allows them to down the boss before your healer goes oom from healing. and then everybody drinks. honestly, you're just a part of a well-oiled machine.

i hate running with cowardly healers, myself, because of this. i go barrelling into mobs because i know my healer has my back. i am invincible because he is elite. and i don't do that with just anybody.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Spudge_Boy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am

Well, we down a DPSer, so our raid didn't start until a little later than we normally run, but we made it through Curator and are headed back tonight.

So far, so good.
Spudge_Boy

Postby Devotions » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Pretty much All bosses other than netherspite are solo-tankable.

ive actually tanked spite on my enhance shaman with a shield :lol: best raid ever

Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40yd radius
Devotions

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents