Reckoning

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Reckoning

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 am

A sort of noob-ish question for you guys, kind of embarrassed I don't know this after doing all my research for tanking over the last few months.

Reckoning is a 10% chance to proc off any damaging attack. That means anything right? AoE's, non-targetted spells, traps, partially blocked attacks... anything that causes me harm and is a triggered effect? And that means even though the attacks could be damaging, if they're dodged/parried/blocked completely/miss, no chance for Reckoning, right?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Mahale » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:27 am

thats my understanding yeah, I even get it when i walk into fires...makes want to tank bosses on top of like a cooking fire or something.
Mahale

Postby Xanatos » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:53 am

Can anyone confirm that dmg from cooking fires proc reckoning? If so then that may be a great help when being OT on the same mob as the MT and staying 2nd on aggro.
Xanatos

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:35 am

Xanatos wrote:Can anyone confirm that dmg from cooking fires proc reckoning? If so then that may be a great help when being OT on the same mob as the MT and staying 2nd on aggro.

Haha, you wish. Cooking fires don't do damage anymore, haven't for a long time, specifically to prevent this kind of abuse.

If you find some sort of static environment fire, it will proc reckoning.
Sabindeus

Postby Livyan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:00 am

*Jumps in from door, straight from work*

Hits, Crits, Crushing, Partial Blocks (Example: "Hits you for XY (ZXY Blocked)"), Spell Hits, Spell Crits, Fires (For example, the ones in Ironforge) can all proc Reckoning.

AoE spells, I'm not certain, but probably does.

"Let there be Testing", Livyan said.
And there was much Testing.

*Runs off to buy food*
Livyan

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:45 pm

one thing ive never been able to make happen is proc reckonning off of fall damage.

hmm...

i suppose it isnt considered an "attack".

though standing on the hot coals in IF aparently IS.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby DurWrathi » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:55 am

Joanadark wrote:one thing ive never been able to make happen is proc reckonning off of fall damage.

hmm...

i suppose it isnt considered an "attack".

though standing on the hot coals in IF aparently IS.

Gravity hits you for 3000
DurWrathi gains Reckoning

Those coals are vicious! Take your eye off them for one second and they'll jump you. I still remember Tim... Poor fool never had a chance once they had him.
DurWrathi - 70 Paladin - Alleria
Est Sularus oth Mithas, Est Sudanus oth Nikkas
DurWrathi

Postby Buttertoast » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:11 pm

also to note, channels and dots (referring to the ambiguous ones like mf and drain) won't proc reck.
Buttertoast

Return to Basic Training & Talents