Remove Advertisements

What Effects SoL

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What Effects SoL

Postby Darthpaxis » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:43 am

Okay I found the wonderful world of Pally AoE tanking and am loving it for grinding quest out. Now I need some help I found a fast weapon to get more procs from Seal of Light(SoL) (Chance to heal yourself every time you swing. ). What I want to know now is What stats help me to get more procs and or bigger heals? more int? more +heal gear or enchant? more plus magic Gear? any help would be appreciated.
Darthpaxis

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 am

Nothing affects the amount of healing you get out of SoL other than a faster weapon, unfortunately.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Alixander » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:54 am

From what testing I've done, nothing will increase the amount of health SoL will restore save getting a faster weapon. SoL is (correct me if I'm wrong please) on a static chance to proc. Every time you swing there's a set chance for it to proc, and it is not limited by a Proc per Minute system.

I'm uncertain of the percent of it to proc, but let's say it's a 40% chance. This means 2 out of every 5 swings procs it. If you have a 3.0 speed weapon that means you will get 2 procs over a 15 second period. On the hand, if you have a 1.5 speed weapon you will get 4 procs over a 15 second period.

The fastest 1H a paladin can use, that I know of off the top of my head are a 1.4 speed swords. Also might want to investigate weapons with haste like the Blackout Truncheon.
Alixander

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Nope

SoL is on a PPM system, changing weapon speed won't affect the average procs you get per unit time

JoL is definitely a flat chance regardless of weapon speed, so having a faster weapon helps there.
Sabindeus

Return to Basic Training & Talents