Remove Advertisements

Protadin Vs Arena

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Protadin Vs Arena

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:26 am

Hiya,

Some guildies are thinking about forming a 5v5 arena team for gits and shiggles and I was gonna join in and try for the nice spelldamage mace.

Does anyone have an experience or tips for a Protadin in 5v5 Arena?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:12 am

I'm on a 5v5 team with some friends.

The tough decision will be if you are willing to give up any talent points to help yourself in the arena. The main one that's horribly helpful is Spritual Focus. Improved Conc and Stocism are nice as well, and Guardian's Favor becomes more appealing.

Without Spiritual Focus, litterally all it takes to shut down your healing is a pet.

Also, I'd recommend getting a nice healing/stam/resilience set put together, although the only resilience pieces I have is a trinket from a quest.

It's fun and nice change from the rigors of instance tanking.
honorshammer

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:24 am

I've been considering some changes to my spec if I go down this route. 28/33/0 looks promising, but losing Deflection will hurt.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:47 am

I went 9/42/10, its effective enough in the arena's, but still keeps my tanking skills. I'm an AS fanatic.
honorshammer

Postby Thels » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 am

Dress something that doesn't look tankish!

The purple judgement looks like robes, but actually has some nice stamina. The tank Chest/Pants/Gloves look exactly like the healing Chest/Pants/Gloves.

Last time I went arena with a fellow paladin. He's holy with sub in prot, I'm 0/49/12. I was wearing Panzar'Thar and Wrynn, both with 3x12stamina. Mostly purple judgement for the rest. At the start of the fight I pronounce myself quite adequate on the healing field and start spamming heals around and cleansing. In no time do I have the Warrior and maybe the rogue on me, bashing away at me. While slowly backing away from them, I just return fire with SoJ, occasionally HoJing them.

It takes a bit for them to realize they're not bashing some weak healer, but are pounching away at 12k hp in heavy armor.

Doesn't work every time of course, but it does work really nice sometimes.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Ragnor » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Do some daily quests and respec back and forth between prot and arena spec as needed. FYI: Arena spec is 41/20/0 :)
Ragnor

Postby Serrot » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:43 am

Ragnor wrote:Arena spec is 41/20/0 :)

Do we have a link to that one?
Serrot

Postby Thels » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:07 am

ImageImage
Thels

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:04 am

Until they fix Imp Conc Aura, I prefer 43/18/0 for arena. 3/3 Light's Grace and 3/3 Blessed Life are nice!
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:01 am

My spec is designed to let me MT while also healing under fire in a pvp situation.

This is more often than not world PVP and not Arenas... since I'm one of the few MTadins on a PVP server I think...

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... =Sabindeus
Sabindeus

Postby Jaydin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:19 am

Thels wrote:Dress something that doesn't look tankish!

The purple judgement looks like robes, but actually has some nice stamina. The tank Chest/Pants/Gloves look exactly like the healing Chest/Pants/Gloves.

Last time I went arena with a fellow paladin. He's holy with sub in prot, I'm 0/49/12. I was wearing Panzar'Thar and Wrynn, both with 3x12stamina. Mostly purple judgement for the rest. At the start of the fight I pronounce myself quite adequate on the healing field and start spamming heals around and cleansing. In no time do I have the Warrior and maybe the rogue on me, bashing away at me. While slowly backing away from them, I just return fire with SoJ, occasionally HoJing them.

It takes a bit for them to realize they're not bashing some weak healer, but are pounching away at 12k hp in heavy armor.

i chuckled at this one - i'll try making a set with my healing mace + kara healing shield (quite noticeable) and stick with the tanking gear til ive gotten them hooked on trying to kill me...could be fun :-)
Jaydin

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Jaydin wrote:
Thels wrote:Dress something that doesn't look tankish!

i chuckled at this one - i'll try making a set with my healing mace + kara healing shield (quite noticeable) and stick with the tanking gear til ive gotten them hooked on trying to kill me...could be fun :-)

Zomg Jaydin.

/wave
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Jaydin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm

/grin

just found this place :-)
Jaydin

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Jaydin wrote:/grin

just found this place :-)

'Bout friggen time. I'm pretty sure I linked it on Runetotem's forums a while back, when those Gimped members were attacking our tankadin discussion thread...
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Jaydin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:47 pm

prolly - i was too busy trolling back prolly >:)
Jaydin

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents