Remove Advertisements

Where To Level

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Where To Level

Postby Darthpaxis » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:29 am

I want to ask all of you Experts Where do/did you level for the fastest results? I am currently 36 and in the spot where the next reall undead area is not until late 40s early 50s. I have a copy of Joan's horde leveling guide but it focuses on using a hunter and since my main is a level 70 hunter I know that having a pet and being a paly are two diffrent things especially since I do not have a good pulling tool yet. I will get shield throw ASAP but that is still ways off.

I also would like to make this post or one consolidated POST for sticky after yal put your 2 copper in.
http://anakun.blogspot.com/
Darthpaxis

Postby Abira » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am

http://www.wow-pro.com/

Prot spec and aoe-grinding to fill up the odd gaps, but get yourself synched with the guides on this website, it really does work and makes zone/questing time more efficient.
Abira

Postby rebelyell » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:44 pm

I spent my time grinding through joanna's quest guide as a ret paly till 50's with plenty of instance runs thrown in which give large boosts to exp/hr.. since going prot I haven't used much of joanna's guides for 50-54 though now I'm starting off again in felwood and winterspring.

50-54 you can grind away on Sorrow Hill... it is so far the best place I've seen for pure grinding.. Being a prot paly is a great advantage here because there will be plenty of alliance in the area wanting to do the same as you, but I am yet to see another player in there taking on more than 2 at a time.

I usually take 15-20mins of spawns to clear out most of the alliance guys so I can get the place to myself.. they will get frustrated and try to steal the spawns off you, but once they realise they can't compete with your AoE they will just leave.. then the real exp kicks in.. With a full Sorrow hill you can start farming for upwards of 50K exp per hour along with large amounts of runecloth for getting your first aid to 300 and making gold.

I've only just ding'd 54 and moving to felwood/winterspring for some variety, so as I go through and try out various other questing and grinding spots I'll update my post to give you something to look forward to as you get to these levels.
rebelyell

Postby Darthpaxis » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:56 am

Since this is my second toon and I only play about 30 minutes to an hour a night I have been using the above refrenced site of wow pro. I have copy of joana's as well and since it focuses on humanoids alot so runners and casters are B***H for prot pally. I prefer Instances as well for the gear upgrade and if i get one at begining of my WoW time it is nice EXP. I am currently 47.5 and I ussually join LFG channel as soon as I log in. Also i will try and post later on not from work of the AOE prot grinding spots from the offical forums post I have found handy for when i only have 15 minutes or so of play time i.e. right before i come to work or home for lunch and such.
Darthpaxis

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:07 pm

This is a guide I'm working on for leveling a Paladin. It's just one man's opinion based on his year plus of playing WoW.

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/2007/07/ ... craft.html

Still a work in progress.
honorshammer

Postby rebelyell » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 pm

I've just moved into Winterspring for some questing and grinding.. I have found some really good spots where there are little to no casters and plenty of melee mobs which you can round up with your horse and grind down. I'm still yet to find anywhere that compares to WPL from 50 onwards but after 3-4 lvls of just grinding and not much questing I wanted to move out and get into some of the other area's. It can be a pain in the butt to get to most of the time as you need to grind some rep or grind through the timbermaw tunnels... Rep is quicker with the help of 1 quest.. :)

IronTree Tunnels in Northern Felwood is also a good spot to grind lvl 52-55 mobs that are melee except for the earthgrab which you can cleanse. There is also a quest to kill a bunch of these so you can just hang around the tunnels for 30-40mins and get a few respawns of the entire place for good exp and some nice loot.
rebelyell

Postby rebelyell » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Update on Winterspring...

Frostsaber wolves and the owlbeasts are great in the northern region for just exp grinding from about 56-60.. the wolves don't drop much except the rare wolf spawn which doesn't really drop anything really nice.. its just nice to see a rare spawn come about every once in a while.

The owlbeasts drop money as well as other loot, nothing special.. but the exp and the close proximity of the wolves especially works nice for the AoE grinder in all of us.. :)

Warning don't get too many of the moontouched owlbeasts on you at once... their moon spell reheals them so focused fire works to wear them down one at a time.. as 57 I found 3-4 57-59 were ok... but the frost sabers I could take 6-7 up to lvl 60 fairly comfortably for well over 2000 exp per pull. There is also some truesilver viens in the area for the miners.

edit: oh and the moontouched and berserk owlbeasts are kill quests so there is extra exp as well. a free ~13K exp just for AoE grinding.
rebelyell

Return to Basic Training & Talents