Which Seal?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Which Seal?

Postby ulushnar » Wed May 30, 2007 1:16 am

I've pretty much used Seal of Vengence since I got it for tanking and soloing. The DoT component seems to work well on fights with a fear or knockback element and and the judgement is great for burst aggro.

I notice some Tankadins still talk about using SoR for tanking though. Are they just hordies, or is there some situations in which SoR outperforms SoV?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Tybalt » Wed May 30, 2007 1:22 am

I don't know if this still holds true post-2.1, but once you exceeded a certain amount of +spell damage, SoR was a clear winner in damage/threat. Also, since most tankadin weapons are fast (1.8 or so), SoV tends to fall off too often. This also has been buffed in the patch, so we'll have to see how the new rounds of testing go.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby eia » Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 am

My thing against SoV was that it takes too long to get it to shine.
I don't think that weapon speed is that dependant (as some calculations state here on this forum too), but before you get a full stack and a JoV out, SoR is definitely superior.
Since my dps likes to start as soon as mob is even close to being in melee with me, I find SoR is needed to get the steady threat from the start.
Whenever I am tanking something that won't be dps:d immediately, or if I need to keep threat maximised for a longer period of time though, I ask dps to not start immediately and use SoV instead.
It is superior in the long run ime, but in the short run, SoR wins because it pays off immediately.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby ulushnar » Wed May 30, 2007 2:30 am

Thanks for the replies, I'll give SoR a go tonight and see what's what. I think I've only got about 180ish Spelldamage buffed, so I'll have to see how it goes.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents