Remove Advertisements

Pursuit of Justice

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Pursuit of Justice

Postby PapaNasty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Just wondering if many of you guys incorporate this into your talent builds

Personally I always build it into my talent builds and love it, having that improved speed is handy for fights where you do need to move a little, whether it be chasing leo around after your shield misses, running back into melee range on VR, or even just running a lil faster to that next heroics pull so that you have 5 extra seconds to stuff your face with manaa biscuits lol

Anywho, just thought I'd check and see what other peoples thoughts were
PapaNasty of Barthilas (US)
PapaNasty

Postby Aalryn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:33 pm

I use it because I like running faster. Honestly the points would be best spent in imp JoC for the crit buff... but meh, i'm selfish.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Morningrise » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:24 am

I didn't really want to make a new topic on this so I'll post it here since PoJ is one of the talents I'm considering.

0/49/10 ... 2 points left over. (Reckoning will eventually switch over to Combat Expertise).

I keep looking at PoJ 2/3 because of the extra spell avoidance. However I'm not sure how effective 2/3 would be vs 3/3 (I'd probably swap out Kings later if I'm raiding on a regular basis w/Pallies that have it).

I'm not too concerned about the run speed, because I could always enchant my boots with Boar's Speed if I really wanted to go faster. The 3 Stamina difference doesn't seem like a whole lot as far as enchants go.

As alternatives, I could max out Deflection 5/5 or put 2/3 Improved Seal of the Crusader. I just can't decide what to plan for as I get closer to 70, and PoJ looks like it would be a nice talent for the mitigation.
Last edited by Morningrise on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morningrise

Postby Nicos » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:35 am

Deflection is a good one to max.
Nicos

Postby khash » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:37 pm

i love POJ, 3 points for a 15% speed boost and 3% spell mitigation is well worth it imo
khash

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:38 pm

khash wrote:i love POJ, 3 points for a 15% speed boost and 3% spell mitigation is well worth it imo

It's avoidance not mitigation, and that distinction is precisely why I'm not a fan of PoJ.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Zeels » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:50 pm

0/49/12 ftw
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby khash » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:36 pm

avoidance is still mitigation because youre taking less damage, in this case 3% less damage over time, and with spells the mechanics are tricky since there can be partial resists so the 'spell miss' is almost like resistance but not quite ive noticed through my own testing
khash

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:51 pm

khash wrote:avoidance is still mitigation because youre taking less damage, in this case 3% less damage over time, and with spells the mechanics are tricky since there can be partial resists so the 'spell miss' is almost like resistance but not quite ive noticed through my own testing

The key difference is that 3% spell avoidance doesn't help with spike damage, which is the main cause of tank death. having average incoming dps be more than your healers can put out is rarely cause cause of death.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:55 pm

The strenght of PoJ is the run speed, not that weak chance of resist spells which you hardly notice.

PoJ is rather useless in t4 content, there's very little movement there. T5 content has fights where movement is important (Leotheras, Vashj, Kaelthas, Al'Ar, eventually VR). T6 content has a lots of fight where movement is important.

That 15% run speed is amazing there, believe me. Actually if you have already 5/5 deflection and have 3 spare points, and you are in t5+ content, you should get it, it's a very big help. And beating people in corpseruns is still cool.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Palladia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 am

I'm still stressed over dropping BoK (Don't really mind about Imp. Judgement though) for PoJ in my prot spec because there are still times when you're the only Paladin around.

My next respec will probably include it though, I just want to test it, something tells me that the running speed is totally worth it and the spell resist is a nice bonus on top of that.
Palladia

Postby mazater » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 am

Worldie wrote:PoJ is rather useless in t4 content, there's very little movement there.

Note that very little != none.
You need to run at Shade of Aran, Gruul, The bird boss at ZA etc.
Not to mention the heroics (HC rampats for example), imo it's pretty good at any 70lvl content, and the spell miss thingy comes handy in Aran and stuff, just make sure you dont drop any core abilites for it.

I wouldnt drop BoK over PoJ ever btw.
mazater

Postby Sielanas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:00 pm

So I would say the real question is how many points is PoJ? Is the 15% essential or can we settle for 5/10. What is the actual boost that Boar's Speed provides? I'm assuming it's 5%. I'm talking for T5+ content. I did notice the help in A'lar last night when the 'AMG QUILLZZZ JUMP' macro was hit when it shouldn't have been.
Sielanas

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Boar's Speed is 8%. I don't like PoJ, but if you're going to get it there's no point in going less than 3/3.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:02 pm

I take PoJ for 1 fight and 1 fight only. Kael'thas. Even a 3% chance you don't take a 25k pyro in the piehole during a screwed up consumable or pain suppression is worth juggling the points.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents