So How do you Solo?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Eloff » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:50 am

Are you pulling Ethereum Avengers (the ones with charge) and Ethereum Nullifiers (the ones who turn ghostlike and take 20% less melee damage but 40% more spell)? Or am I in the wrong place?

That's the right place. The knockdown from the charge can cause some major damage taking, but they only do that on initial aggro. Having the Nullifiers take more spell dmg just makes them that much easier to kill.

Death's door may still win out since you can pull a ton in a short distance. Ethereums require a lot of leg work.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:07 pm

/nod that's why I ask. I used the coordinates for Ethereum Jailors to find the area, and as soon as I landed I was trying to figure out how the hell you were collecting double-digit numbers of those.

They do hit fast and light, though, kind of like a spring rain, and they do indeed drop generous amounts of cloth. (Sadly Netherweave has fallen from around 5g per stack to around 3g30.)

I think I like Death's Door better but I'll give this a few more tries.
Arcand

Postby Aina » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Arcand wrote: and they do indeed drop generous amounts of cloth. (Sadly Netherweave has fallen from around 5g per stack to around 3g30.)

On my server a stack often AHs for less then 3g even :/ I just make bandages out of them and vendor it for 3g. *shrug*
My server is a bit weird like that.
Aina

Postby Galoheart » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Not quite 70 as yet but have leveled entirely as a Protec Paladin and Solo entirely also. So how did i Solo?

Getting a dam good Shield helps and Spiking it with a Shield Spike even better.

*I often look for camps with melee mobs. The mobs faster hitting you notice have weapons in both hands. Those i often judge Wisdom on or mark to target then AOE around that mob with a crowd. If camp has a casting mob i eliminate it first and always or on any quests or also change my Aura to the caster magic spell, but change it back to melee the melee mobs to Ret Aura.

*I often use Ret Aura, BoSantuary, Righteous Fury (Always up) Judge Wisdom. Often i used a Elixir of Interllect to boost my mana while grinding when i was lower level with less mana. Always eat a good food buff for the stam & spirit boost.

Trick i found help while i was Solo leveling 30-60

1. Always carry EZ Throw Dynamite ( Drop these in AOE, works great)
2. Pop a pot of Gift of Arthas - Works great when AOE, everything hits you gets a debuff disease and you get +10 shadow damage resistance.
3. Always carry best available bandages, you will always need them. I personally carried 2 sets or kinds of bandages (Best for full healing, Less best one for just topping health after fight)
4. I always had a a few Mana & Health Pot always - I never always use unless 911 emergency then pop.
5. Duno but personally i always have a full set of mana drink, just for the times i need to drink.

I've Solo'd all the way to 60+ and never had a problem leveling Solo or fighting multiple mobs or fighting 2 elites my level at same time. Just know what kind of mobs you fighting helps alot.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Nich » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:09 pm

For multi pulls, I tend to wear mostly my tanking gear, swapping out trinkets for things that give me more mana (11 mp5 and 200 mpk ones), and I'll swap to a shield with mp5. JoW, then either JoR or JoL/JoW depending on how hard they hit. Max rank HS, possibly BoSanc if I have conjured water on hand, and they hit fast. Usually ret aura.

For single target/caster fights, I tend to run around with a spelldamage set - half pal, half shaman. BoW (or maybe kings), JoW (occasionally JotC), and then stack up SoV. I have around 6-700 spell damage in this gear set, and two on-use trinkets, so I generally wait for the stack to peak, then pop a trinket and JoV, AS, and exorcism where appropriate.

(Imp) RF is always up.
Nich

Postby Phaex » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:21 am

I usually put on all the shaman mailcrap i ninja'd over time, which brings me to a solid 600 spelldamage.

Pull 10-20 guys, consecrate and hit figurine of the colossus when health drops low. Works just fine. I have seal of wisdom up most of the time, which basicly gives infinite mana at a reckoning uptime of 100%.

But i'm farming strat UD side most of the time. Its just alot more relaxing than outdoor farming, no evading, tons of mobs, low health mobs. All fine. Gets me to about total 100-150 gold an hour at least, depends on stuff dropping. All you need is some decent spelldam gear, a figurine of the colossus and a ton of free slots. AH sell everything which is worth it, runecloth, decent twinkblues, those damn flurry axes, disenchanted stuff.
When i'm totally bored i go for strat scarlet, but farming the large packs between ud/scarlet is far more effective.
You can take 5-7 packs including roamers and minibosses at one pull, don't forget to throw holy water all the time. Its a nice damage boost. :)

With that money i buy the stuff i would've farmed instead.

P.S.: if i only could get fraps to run again, i'd make a small clip showing how its done. I still can't think of a better way of making money as a protdin.
Phaex

Postby Novariety » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:09 pm

Been doing a bit of scholo farming for Dark Runes, doesnt seem as tedious as outside farming.

The 2nd room with the Summoners is fun, I run around the whole room LoS them down to where the bat boss spawn is. When I hit 50% health I stop consectrating etc and let the summoned skeles build up till I am at about 25% and then hit my figurine of the colossus trinket and get a free ride back to 100% health then start the concecrating etc again :).
Novariety

Postby Phaex » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 am

Okay here it is.
this is how i solo.
Phaex

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:46 am

Novariety wrote:Been doing a bit of scholo farming for Dark Runes, doesnt seem as tedious as outside farming.

The 2nd room with the Summoners is fun, I run around the whole room LoS them down to where the bat boss spawn is. When I hit 50% health I stop consectrating etc and let the summoned skeles build up till I am at about 25% and then hit my figurine of the colossus trinket and get a free ride back to 100% health then start the concecrating etc again :).

:O

I must try this.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents