Remove Advertisements

Gear evolution 5-Man --> Heroic --> Karazhan --> 25

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Alixander » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:36 am

Xanatos wrote:That and the fact that being uncrittable basically moves the whole chunk under "crit" to "miss" instead. It is kind of a factor when getting uncrushable.
Not really. Assuming you are fighting a boss that does not have an ability that will render you unable to defend yourself, Aina's theory is correct. The ideal goal is 102.4% uncrushable. If you have those numbers, whether you are crittable or not, you won't get a crit or a crush. In order for a crit to be a crit it has to first be a normal (non-block) hit. If every attack towards you is turned into a miss, dodge, parry or block then you can't be crit. Period.
Alixander

Postby Lore » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:04 am

Xanatos is correct, 490 defense will add 5.6% miss. Up until 490, Defense is the best skill (after block rating) for reaching uncrushable. So although not completely necessary to be uncrittable except in some random situations, you'll want it anyway for uncrushability.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Alixander » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 am

Lore wrote:Xanatos is correct, 490 defense will add 5.6% miss. Up until 490, Defense is the best skill (after block rating) for reaching uncrushable. So although not completely necessary to be uncrittable except in some random situations, you'll want it anyway for uncrushability.
I agree with this. Having 490 defense is good from an uncrushable standpoint, but the way he phrased it, he said uncrittable and (this point specifically) that it would change the crit to miss. To me, this said being uncrittable (not 490 defense) is an important part of being uncrushable, which isn't true. Maybe I'm just reading into it more than he's saying though.
Alixander

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:00 am

what I find interesting is the point that, having attained uncrushability....I can start replacing my Defense with other stuff....
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Aina » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:47 am

Joanadark wrote:what I find interesting is the point that, having attained uncrushability....I can start replacing my Defense with other stuff....

Yeah, as long as mobs don't stun or such, you could use Dodge instead of Defense for pure avoidance. Dodge is slightly cheaper for pure avoidance. With the itempoints you win this way, you could, theoreticly, get more stamina or more avoidance.

Or, you could trade in defense for the much "cheaper" block and add a chunk of stamina to your pool.

But, I doubt this is all worth it, for me anyways. Unless you're really hardcore and gathering a 2nd set of raidtanking gear with slightly different gemming. To be honest, there's not so much gear to choose between anyways to allow for such macro management. And you're still better off keeping 490 defense on your "regular" gearset.

But, it's nice to keep in mind that you don't have to panic if you swap a ring and a trinket or two for a specific encounter and see yourself dropping below 490, aslong as you stay uncrushable.
Aina

Postby Vanifae » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:31 pm

Get 490 defense and be uncrittable.

Attain uncrushability.

Win.

I don't think it is all that complex.

Oh and get Spell damage.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents