Remove Advertisements

Tanking pots

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Tanking pots

Postby Drfeelgood » Thu May 10, 2007 3:35 am

So I've been soaking up spare tank gear from kara and from 5 mans as holy and I've gone a full prot spec a few times in the last few weeks and I'm very very close to uncrushable (according to armory, I'm less than 3% away!) Anyway, I was just wondering what pots all of you main tankadins roll with in raids. I figure, Adepts, Major Defense, and Mastery would probably be givens with Titans/Fortification on learning nights. What about major agility - that's more than 1% dodge.

First time poster, but I've read practically all the threads. You can check me out on Armory as Drfeelgood, Sargeras realm, The Mighty Oxen guild.
Drfeelgood

Postby Shai » Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 am

Check out this thread at least.
Shai

Postby Tybalt » Sat May 12, 2007 6:07 pm

Looking at the post 2.1 world, I'm thinking I'll run with:

- Adept's Elixir (Battle)
- Elixir of Major Fortitude (Guardian)
- Superior Wizard Oil
- Spicy Crawdad

I may sneak in Scrolls of Agility as well.

- Ty
Tybalt

Postby Dorvan » Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 am

Tybalt wrote:Looking at the post 2.1 world, I'm thinking I'll run with:

- Adept's Elixir (Battle)
- Elixir of Major Fortitude (Guardian)
- Superior Wizard Oil
- Spicy Crawdad

I may sneak in Scrolls of Agility as well.

- Ty

Personally, I think a flask will generally be the best option in most cases, but if your going elixirs, definitely don't use adept's for your battle elixir, agility or mastery will serve you much better (I lean towards agility, myself).
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Everlight » Sun May 13, 2007 1:54 am

Yeah, I'm going Elixir of Major Agility for my battle elixir, all the way. I'll use Wizard Oil for spellpower.
Everlight

Postby Tybalt » Sun May 13, 2007 2:50 am

Dorvan wrote:Personally, I think a flask will generally be the best option in most cases, but if your going elixirs, definitely don't use adept's for your battle elixir, agility or mastery will serve you much better (I lean towards agility, myself).

I'm plenty uncrushable without the extra agility, so I prefer to augment my threat with the extra spell damage. I'd use Major Arcane Power if it weren't so damn hard to find. Elixir of Mastery is an option, and I have some in the bank, but I'm not sure its the right way to go.

As for flasks, with the change to Flask of Fortitude, it's all but worthless, IMHO. 500hp and 10def rating? No thanks, I'll get my 250hp from the Elixir of Major Fortitude and still be able to use a battle elixir. There are a few flasks that still seem worth it, but not for a pally tank, IMHO.

- Ty
Tybalt

Postby DurWrathi » Sun May 13, 2007 8:48 am

I'm curious what pots you all are using during raid encounters. Do you keep your timer open for a health pot in emergencies, do you drink AC pots like Greater Stoneshield every 2, something else?
DurWrathi - 70 Paladin - Alleria
Est Sularus oth Mithas, Est Sudanus oth Nikkas
DurWrathi

Postby Drfeelgood » Sat May 19, 2007 10:54 pm

DurWrathi wrote:I'm curious what pots you all are using during raid encounters. Do you keep your timer open for a health pot in emergencies, do you drink AC pots like Greater Stoneshield every 2, something else?

Healthstones are my health pots on a separate cooldown. Thanks for the input everyone.
Drfeelgood

Postby Dorvan » Sat May 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Tybalt wrote:I'm plenty uncrushable without the extra agility, so I prefer to augment my threat with the extra spell damage. I'd use Major Arcane Power if it weren't so damn hard to find. Elixir of Mastery is an option, and I have some in the bank, but I'm not sure its the right way to go.

As for flasks, with the change to Flask of Fortitude, it's all but worthless, IMHO. 500hp and 10def rating? No thanks, I'll get my 250hp from the Elixir of Major Fortitude and still be able to use a battle elixir. There are a few flasks that still seem worth it, but not for a pally tank, IMHO.

- Ty

I find it helps to the about the tradeoffs in terms of gear decisions. Given a choice between a piece of gear with 30 dodge rating and one with 24 spell damage, which would you choose? How about 25 stamina vs. 24 spell damage? Personally, in my opinion the choice is clear: the threat to mitigation ratios just aren't high enough to justify the threat option in this case.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents