Remove Advertisements

ideal stats pre 70?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

ideal stats pre 70?

Postby sircedric » Tue May 08, 2007 1:50 pm

im only lvl 50, and working my way up. im starting to understand the whole 490 and 102.4 thing, and also know its impossible till i hit 70. what are reasonable amounts for instances as you lvl? is there a good target # for avoidance and armor to be a viable tank, or is it not as important till 70?
sircedric

Postby Jensaarai » Tue May 08, 2007 3:32 pm

It's not really important...try to get a caster weapon, and make sure most of the rest of your gear is itemized in some way towards tanking (of the Champion, maybe a few slots with sta/int/spell damage plate). As long as most of your pieces have defense on them, with a few spell damage, and you're not wearing anything besides plate :P you should be fine until 70. See how it works for you, ask your healers how it is healing you, etc...I wouldn't want to gimp my mana pool too much, either.

I didn't have much of a problem pre-70 though. Granted I had a fairly good tanking set pre-TBC but the random drops and quest upgrades and Of the Champion were fine until 70.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Alixander » Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Look for the recolored D1 set for warriors, from various outland instances. It's not amazing, but it's one of the few early sources of defense. Since it's aimed at Warriors, it's not mandatory, but if it drops, don't say no just b/c it's Warrior gear. Many of them also have sockets so you can put a few +spell damage gems in them.
Alixander

Re: ideal stats pre 70?

Postby Arcand » Tue May 08, 2007 3:43 pm

sircedric wrote:im only lvl 50, and working my way up. im starting to understand the whole 490 and 102.4 thing, and also know its impossible till i hit 70.

You also don't have to worry about it while leveling, since you probably won't see the inside of a raid instance pre-70 unless a bunch of beefy 70s are running you through it. :)

The kind of upgrades we're sweating blood and bullets for, you get every time you gain a level, so concentrate on that for now...you don't want to tank a boss 3 or more levels above you or you'll get rocked noticeably harder than if it were only 2 levels up on you.

Princess Therhadras in Maraudon is level 51.
The Shade of Eranikus in Sunken Temple is level 55.
King Thaurissan in Blackrock Depths is level 58. (Sadly, the Athaeneum just before him is level 89 vs. most groups.)
Overlord Wyrmthalak in LBRS is level 60, I think. Maybe 61.
Darkmaster Gandling is level 61.
The High Crusader in Stratholme is 62.
Baron Rivendare is 62.

Keep an eye on your gear and look for obsolescent pieces. My rule while leveling is, if you're level X, a piece which requires level X-10 or lower is getting pretty moldy and you should start actively looking for an upgrade.

And when you hit level 58, suddenly you're able to equip the first Outland gear and you're in for a hell of a ride as your power level skyrockets. At that point start stacking stamina/defense/bit of int as prescribed by the other good folks in this thread. :)
Arcand

Postby sircedric » Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 pm

ty for the suggestions. figured i'd link my char as well in case anyone has any other suggestions.

regarding my weapon, i have a hanzo waiting for me, and was planning on putting fiery on it since i do a lot of aoe grinding. but would int be a better bet to help both areas?

also as an aside how do i set up my sig for the armory link graphic at the bottom of the page?

ty all for your help!

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khadgar&n=Schadenfreud
sircedric

Postby Arcand » Wed May 09, 2007 2:14 pm

sircedric wrote:regarding my weapon, i have a hanzo waiting for me, and was planning on putting fiery on it since i do a lot of aoe grinding. but would int be a better bet to help both areas?

Int is nice. Watch the auction house for a Dimensional Blade of the Eagle - that sword served me well for quite a while.
Arcand

Return to Basic Training & Talents