Remove Advertisements

Fresh Level 90. What now?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Fresh Level 90. What now?

Postby abine » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Hello,

I'm a returning player who quit wow halfway through ICC. (by the way, love the fact that maintankadin is still around. helped me a lot in wotlk).

I just hit level 90, and now i want to gear up to start running raids. I do want to be quite careful in spending gold or justice points so I would like some ideas on how to go about gearing up from this point on so that I can get my foot in the door. Are there any pieces that I absolutely should try to get, whether from heroics or from vendors?

Thanks
abine

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Easiest and painless way is to get yourself decked into 496/489 gear through JPs and Timeless Isle.

Once you get to 460 you can already start running the first LFR for better gear, and progress from there :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:46 pm

while you are building up coins for the timeless isle weapons, you can fly over to the Temple of the White Tiger and pick up a quest for arena of annihilation and get an easy 450 weapon. Timeless Isle after that. lots of good 496+ gear (you can actually upgrade one to 435 if you do some research before creating the gear).
jere

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:43 pm

jere wrote:while you are building up coins for the timeless isle weapons, you can fly over to the Temple of the White Tiger and pick up a quest for arena of annihilation and get an easy 450 weapon. Timeless Isle after that. lots of good 496+ gear (you can actually upgrade one to 535 if you do some research before creating the gear).

if you jusyt queue for AoA, you can pick up the quest in there
strongly suggest that before you head out to the isle

and if you can catch a ride across the broken bridge from someone who has a legendary cloak, you can sneak around the side and get a smoldering chest for a 100% drop rate burden of eternity (needed to upgrade an armor token from 496 to 535)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby abine » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:48 pm

yeah I ended up spending most of the justice points I saved up to get into raid finder, and got pretty lucky with loots so now I'm at 474 ilevel, having completed all of heart of fear. I guess I'll continue to do this till i catch up to the current tier. Thanks for all the help
abine

Postby Thels » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 am

Dunno if it's still worth it, or if it takes too long now to complete, but you might want to talk to Wrathion in the Tavern of the Mists you get your legendary quest chain started.

You can also farm a 535 trinket on the Timeless Isle. Timeless Isle is also by far your fastest way to farm coins. The ship almost drops enough coins on it's own for a weekly turn in.

If you have some friends that still play, and you can piggyback ride on a Flex run, that's a fast way to get some additional gear. In 474, you will not be carrying your weight, though.

One HC Scenario per day (used to be a 480 requirement, but I think they nerfed it), also gives you a good chance on 516 gear, which, unlike the Timeless Isle, can actually drop weapons.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Basic Training & Talents