An Idiot Reinstalled. Part 1 Mulgore.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: An Idiot Reinstalled. Part 1 Mulgore.

Postby ulushnar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:08 am

I'm sorry, I know you're talking, I see your lips moving but all I hear us "blah, blah, you can't have nice things". :P

I just find it odd that of all the incongruous elements in, *that* is the one that stretches credibility do much they went back and changed it four years after the Draenei were introduced.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:20 am

ulushnar wrote:I just find it odd that of all the incongruous elements in, *that* is the one that stretches credibility do much they went back and changed it four years after the Draenei were introduced.

Very likely a side effect of giving Sunwalkers their own special Kodo.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 am

To be fair, male Draenei do look ridiculous on horses.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:53 am

KysenMurrin wrote:To be fair, male Draenei do look ridiculous on horses all the time.

fixed for you

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:09 am

bldavis wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:To be fair, male Draenei do look ridiculous on horses all the time.

fixed for you

But that means there was no reason to switch from horses to elekks apart from lore reasons (and at the time of change, the draenei, honestly, had been on azeroth long enouugh to have horses for their paladins if they wanted)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:07 am

now you are getting into time lines, and background lore stuffs and such

to me paladins in WoW are based mostly on paladins from D&D, where as a fairly low level (iow still training) you raise a mount and create a special bond with it.

draenei live for thousands of years, Velen was one of the 3 leaders of the Eredar, along with Archimode and Kil'jaden. you need to remember that they were one of the first races to be brought into the burning legion by Sargeras (or the ones that corrupted him, depending on if you go with the retcon from BC or not) and the exodar was one of the ships that Velen and his followers fled Argus on, on which they met with the Naruu and learned the ways of light, going from just warriors and mages to adding priests and paladins (light mages and warriors) you dont get hunters and shamans until they are on Draenor and learn them from the orcs living there.

flash forward to WoW time. from the time the orcs first invaded until the start of WoW is said to be 6 years, add in a year or 2 for vanilla (each expansion is basically 1 to 1 1/2 years of time in the timeline) so at the end of vanilla it has been about 8 years that we have dealt with the horde. cue Exodar crash - welcome to azeroth draenei!

2 years in northrend, 1 year dealing with the cataclysm, and now we are almost to the year mark in pandaria...that is only 5-6 years on azeroth for a race that lives 10s of thousands of years, and have been paladins for at least a few thousand.
the other thing you have to remember, is that our player character draenei, lore wise at least, are all survivers from the Exodar crash, and being paladins already, they would have already had a bond with their elleks.

so basically - yes there was no reason to change besides being true to the lore.
belfs had access to horses from previous dealings with humans, and tauren have had a long relationship with kodos, just like spacegoats with their elleks, and they havent been on azeroth all that long.

edit - fixed the planet, Erodar are the race, Argus was the planet..oops
Last edited by bldavis on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby ulushnar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:51 am

My paladin earned his charger in-game though. I did a whole quest chain, including liberating an ancient *equine* spirit from Dire Maul and killing a Death Knight in the depth of Scholomance and his undead horde in order to get my epic horsie. Kinda silly to wake up one day to find that divine horse you've bonded with is distinctly Elekk-shaped.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am

You all are crazy, the Paladin Elekk is pure awesome. I wish I could use it on my human.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 am

ulushnar wrote:My paladin earned his charger in-game though. I did a whole quest chain, including liberating an ancient *equine* spirit from Dire Maul and killing a Death Knight in the depth of Scholomance and his undead horde in order to get my epic horsie. Kinda silly to wake up one day to find that divine horse you've bonded with is distinctly Elekk-shaped.

ok you might have a cause to be upset..but beyond a quest that was part of the game when the only paladins were silver hand members (ie humans and dwarves) there is no lore to support dreanei hand of argus' being on horses

each race has its own paladin faction
humans and dwarves share the order of the silver hand, taurens have the sunwalkers, belfs have the blood knights, and draenei have the hands of argus that is why we have 4 different class mounts despite being the same class (warlocks all have the same mounts cause they are the same faction of fel mages, they just happen to be the more good side compared to some others that work with the legion)

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 am

Flex wrote:You all are crazy, the Paladin Elekk is pure awesome. I wish I could use it on my human.

The thing I loved the most of the Elekk on my pala, is that it's much bigger than regular elekks. It can stomp gnomes!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Worldie wrote:
Flex wrote:You all are crazy, the Paladin Elekk is pure awesome. I wish I could use it on my human.

The thing I loved the most of the Elekk on my pala, is that it's much bigger than regular elekks. It can stomp gnomes!

An ANT could stomp a gnome...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Did you notice gnome mounts are actually bigger than tauren mounts? :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Worldie wrote:Did you notice gnome mounts are actually bigger than tauren mounts? :P

they are just over compensating

bldavis

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents