Flasks

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Flasks

Postby Foolosophy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am

Hiya!

Just a quick question.. My mantra is: "When it kills me, use a stamina flask. When we've downed it before and I got better gear: use a strength flask."

Strength flask for bigger heals and shields. My guildmates think that's pretty strange and I can't seem to convince them. Am I wrong here?
Foolosophy

Re: Flasks

Postby Gab » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 am

I wouldn't say that you're wrong. Strength is a decent stat for us, in addition to larger heals and absorbs it also provides a decent chunk of TDR through parry.

Depending on the fight though you might want to go with haste/armor elixirs. At ~100k vengeance the 750 haste surpasses 1000 strength in terms of dps contribution. Fights where there are long periods of off tanking or generally low vengeance strength is going to be slightly better, even more so for 10 man because of lower vengeance over all. But it would certainly be easier to argue haste/armor then it is strength, again nothing wrong with a strength flask for farm content though.

Edit: That vengeance break point will shift slightly in favor of strength with 5.2 depending on how the final numbers on Grand Crusader turn out.
Gab

Return to Basic Training & Talents