5.04 AOE DPS is low

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 5.04 AOE DPS is low

Postby hightin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:31 am

The trick is to get in first and BoP your partner and taunt as often as possible, and then finally when even all that isn't working do what I do, go make a sammy and let the warriors/bears/DKs have fun. I wish they would go back to the good ol days before vengence and give us a better +threat system.

The bigger problem I have with aggro is tank swaps. I find I have to work so hard to just have the other tanks pull it right back off me in the first 5 seconds cause vengence is worthless before 20 seconds. Maybe one day they will remove the bandaid and either give us actual DPS, nerf it for PvP if they need to they do that all the time, or just say screw it here is your +threat. They could totally scale +threat with mastery so we scale our threat with a stat we care about like they promised us in the first place. Oh how I dream of the day.
hightin

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am

Don't forget about switching seals when you want to AOE tank.
Belloc

Postby Tholle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes, AoE dps is quite low after the patch, and getting aggro on mobs if the other tank jumps in first can be almost impossible without BoP'ing or taunting.
Hopefully things will balance out once we hit 90 and get Light's Hammer or Holy Prism, which should be some pretty nice AoE abilities and help at lot with our AoE dps and threat. (Or maybe Blizz just ought to give protection pallies Inquisition back). :wink:
Tholle

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 am

Tholle wrote:Yes, AoE dps is quite low after the patch, and getting aggro on mobs if the other tank jumps in first can be almost impossible without BoP'ing or taunting.
Hopefully things will balance out once we hit 90 and get Light's Hammer or Holy Prism, which should be some pretty nice AoE abilities and help at lot with our AoE dps and threat. (Or maybe Blizz just ought to give protection pallies Inquisition back). :wink:

Lights hammer is a lot of aoe damage, but its not burst.
Holy Prism will help you get initial aggro so that maybe you get enough vengeance to keep the adds on you, but atleast against a monk/warrior (those I have most experience against at lvl 90), you dont stand a chance.
When you are alone tank, the lvl 90 abilities will for sure help you out when AoEing (and yes inq would be nice since we lack an aoe finisher anyway, if you dont count WoG with the 9% dmg increase glyph!), but sadly if you are in group with another tank, he will pretty much always rip aggro from you and you are left with no vengeance and cant really do much ;(

also, welcome to the forum ^^
Treck

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents