Cool down usage in MoP (aka Active Mitigation)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Cool down usage in MoP (aka Active Mitigation)

Postby Zalaria » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 am

I thought they said something more like "long cooldowns that a progression raid would sit and wait for" as the ones they would reset (note - that's not a quote. just something close that I pulled from memory). I specifically remember them saying they would reset Bloodlust and Rebirth, but would not reset the warlock demons. Not sure how that applies to LoH, but I would probably put it more in the category with the demons.

Granted, I don't agree with them. I've been in raids where we waited on dps cooldowns because we need them at the start of the fight.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby daishan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 am

That was the first GC post, this is the 2nd that I copy pasted to my guilds site at the time.

Alright, this post caused a knockdown, drag out in my office. Weapons were recklessly pulled down from walls, etc. I mumbled something about how I'm the boss and what I say goes, but that didn't work either. After the dust cleared, we decided that we would allow any cooldown that lasts 5 minutes or longer to be reset on raid encounters. The one exception is shaman Reincarnation, because we don't want to have to include it as a true battle rez, but think it would be too valuable if you could use it every single attempt. Most fights (we hope) aren't planned around the shaman dying. We'll implement this change as soon as we're able.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 am

Ah, thanks for that. I missed that one.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents