Remove Advertisements

MoP what seal? SOI or SOT?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

MoP what seal? SOI or SOT?

Postby Schroom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:37 am

Ok, maybe I'm just blind :) but I couldn't find anything on this. as we don't have our Glyph of seal of turth that gives us 10 Exp. I was wondering if Insight might be worth using again.

is the HoT any good or still just noise? is the bonus on the heal good enough to use for that big WoG?

I still suspect that SoT wins overall as more damage is always good, and healing yourself back up to 80 % instead of in example, 88%, does not really matter for your healers.

still maybe I'm wrong and SoI is the one to use from now on?
Schroom

Re: MoP what seal? SOI or SOT?

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:55 am

SoT will be our default seal SoR for aoe (3 or more targets) SoI may be useful on very high damage fights if your healers are going oom.
Personally I doubt we'll be using SoI very often, as we'll be doing more dps as tanks now switching will cost the raid more dps than it did in the past.
http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/09/mis ... -paladins/ is a good basic guid.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:05 am

so, yeah in fact you just confirmed my suspicion :) perfect ^^
Schroom

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 am

I've not seen any solid numbers yet, so don't take it as fact :p
I'm guessing Theck will let us know just how much healing we get at the cost of how much dps, when he gets through the small mountain of data he has.
Might also depend on raid size, I can imagine I'll be more willing to switch to SoI in my 10 man than a 25 tank, as there will be only 2/3 healers so less random aoe heals for SoI to get lost in.
Will have to give it a try at the weekend when I've finished breaking my ui.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am

SoI is about 16k HPS at 100k vengeance (~9k at 50k Veng), at a cost of around 3700 DPS (2500 @ 50k Veng).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby daishan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks for the numbers.
16k HPS that's a lot more than I was thinking it would be, is that including bonus healing to WoG or just the SoI ticks?
If I remember right from the streams I watched healers where pushing 60K-100K HPS, even with a high overheal % from SoI it's looking like I might put SoI back on my keybinds.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:28 pm

That's just the SoI ticks. Remember that it's 15% of (SP+AP), and we have ~140k AP and ~70k SP with 100k Vengeance. So each melee heals us for ~31k.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:14 am

woooah that is A LOT more than i suspected. so I guess at least for now, SOI IS BACK! (damn expendables 2 in my head :lol: )

mh just thinking about it, does the healing modifier from SOI have any effekt on SS?
Schroom

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:13 am

theckhd wrote:SoI is about 16k HPS at 100k vengeance (~9k at 50k Veng), at a cost of around 3700 DPS (2500 @ 50k Veng).

Correction: there was a bug in the code that was errantly applying Censure with SoI. Fixing that increased the stakes quite a bit - it's now a ~17k DPS loss for ~16k HPS @ 100k Veng

Schroom wrote:mh just thinking about it, does the healing modifier from SOI have any effekt on SS?

No, it doesn't. In fact, about the only thing it affects is WoG. It didn't even work on EF or any of the L90 talents when we tested them in the last few beta builds.
theckhd

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm

it's now a ~17k DPS loss for ~16k HPS @ 100k Veng

ok that so closer to the relation I suspected it to be. So it really depends on setup and boss mechanics if SoI is worthwhile. Also if 10 or 25 man makes a difference.

although I had some fun checking my logs from yesterday from the Ultraxion encounter, I used SoI the whole evening to check the numbers for myself.

I'm speaking of healing received, and we only use 1 healer for this encounter so it's easier to compare

SS was on place 1 with 27.4% and 35 ticks with an average of 12766.8, absorbing a total of 447189 damage.
SOI on place 2, 21.7% 93 ticks and 3808 avg
places 3 was my 2piece bonus and place 4 the lifeleech from Souldrinker HM, not a single WoG needed, making a total of 64.4% of my healing received, coming from myself.

66.4% of SOI went into overheal

only on No5 we see the first spell of your holy priest.
Schroom

Postby Nooska » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 am

That sounds stupidly overpowered - but I'll chalk it up to being balanced for levle 90, not 85.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby daishan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Don't forget that's on Ultra and tanks often take less damage than the dps with our high cd uptime, and as you say no doubt 85 balance or lack of isn't helping.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:03 am

it's not really overpowered comparing to blood DKs IMHO

In LFR yesterday there was a blood DK who healed 5.6 Mio on spine.... but that is the new crazy vengeance that is OP.

PS: by the way I think I should tank bloods next time I get to spine.... 115k burst DPS on a tendon from a pallytank... (even though it seems to be normal mode) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/av9k ... target=124
Schroom

Postby Phonic » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

So i haven't been keeping up lately... what will our health pools be up to when MOP drops and we hit 90?
Phonic

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 pm

fresh 90, like 400-450k i guess.
Fully geared, +550k
Treck

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents