6.0 Talent and Glyph Guide

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 5.4 Talent and Glyph Guide

Postby golfinguy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am

Newsom wrote:If you're progressing and have access to 4 set, I'd definitely use Ef...

As I'm still building up my ilvl I've found the same. At the lower levels SS seems better when I look at my logs.

I'm sure as I progress (been away for 2+ years) and increase my haste EF will become better. And certainly once I get my 4 piece.
golfinguy

Re: 6.0 Talent and Glyph Guide

Postby theckhd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I think this is updated completely now. Feel free to point out flaws/inaccuracies/disagreements.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re:

Postby Ironshield » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 am

theckhd wrote:...
To give you some idea of numbers: Eternal Flame's (EF) base heal is exactly the same as WoG, so the HoT is the only added benefit of the talent. But the HoT only provides about 1/3 as much healing per second as Sacred Shield grants in absorption per second. And absorbs are already preferable to heals, so this tips the scales pretty heavily in EF's favor. The days of abusing Vengeance to be self-sufficient are over.

Typo?
Ironshield

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Yup.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re:

Postby Thels » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:36 am

theckhd wrote:[url=://www.wowhead.com/spell=152263]Empowered Seals[/url]

Broken link, misses "http", or is it "https"?

theckhd wrote:Glyph of Harsh Words - This glyph is actually a pretty significant DPS increase, believe it or not. WoG's heals for 264.6% of our spellpower, but Shield of the Righteous only does 192% of attack power. Of course, you need to give up your mitigation for it. Doesn't work with Glyph of Word of Glory or the T16 4-piece. Exclusive with Protector of the Innocent and Word of Glory glyphs.

Glyph of Word of Glory - Grants a buff increasing damage by 3% per holy power when you WoG, lasts 6 seconds. A significant DPS loss over just using SotR, but it makes up for some of the DPS you lose if you have to WoG yourself. Note that it doesn't work if you're using WoG offensively (i.e. Harsh Words). Exclusive with Harsh Words and Protector of the Innocent.

A bit double. Now that the glyphs are actually exclusive, the comments that they don't work well together can probably be removed.

Also, a lot of Glyph links broke. Most likely because these Glyphs are now auto learned and no longer available from scribes, meaning there's no item to represent them.
Last edited by Thels on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Thels

Re: Re:

Postby degre » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am

Thels wrote:
theckhd wrote:[url=://www.wowhead.com/spell=152263]Empowered Seals[/url]

Broken link, misses "http", or is it "https"?

theckhd wrote:Glyph of Harsh Words - This glyph is actually a pretty significant DPS increase, believe it or not. WoG's heals for 264.6% of our spellpower, but Shield of the Righteous only does 192% of attack power. Of course, you need to give up your mitigation for it. Doesn't work with Glyph of Word of Glory or the T16 4-piece. Exclusive with Protector of the Innocent and Word of Glory glyphs.

A bit double.

Also, a lot of Glyph links broke. Most likely because these Glyphs are now auto learned and no longer available from scribes, meaning there's no item to represent them.

There is still an item, it just that is a new item and as a result changed ID, example, this is the new Alabaster Shield.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 am

Think I fixed all of those, thanks.
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Two things... your tier 4 talents don't have cooldowns listed (I'm assuming they have cds based on the abilities) and is Sanctified Wrath passive?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Only hand of purity has a cooldown, and it's 30 seconds. Clemency and Unbreakable Spirit are passive, as is Sanctified Wrath.
theckhd

Postby Fori » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 pm

So I'm sorry if this is written somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. When using Seraphim, what's the optimal/recommended rotation? How conservative should I be with HP during the 15 seconds it's not up? Do I chain CDs to provide cover during that time? Basically tl;dr is how do I Seraphim properly?
Fori

Postby ZorKesh » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:10 am

Fori wrote:So I'm sorry if this is written somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. When using Seraphim, what's the optimal/recommended rotation? How conservative should I be with HP during the 15 seconds it's not up? Do I chain CDs to provide cover during that time? Basically tl;dr is how do I Seraphim properly?

this -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33728
ZorKesh

Postby Fori » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:41 pm

ZorKesh wrote:
Fori wrote:So I'm sorry if this is written somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. When using Seraphim, what's the optimal/recommended rotation? How conservative should I be with HP during the 15 seconds it's not up? Do I chain CDs to provide cover during that time? Basically tl;dr is how do I Seraphim properly?

this -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33728

Thanks, that answers some of my questions, but there still doesn't seem to be a consensus on what rotation to use, what the math is on the different rotations and if it's actually good or not. The second to last post suggests banking HP during Seraphim to cover its downtime with SotR, has anyone done math on whether this is worth it or not? There just seems to be people asking each other questions in that thread with few (or no) real answers provided.
Fori

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents