another ctc question

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

another ctc question

Postby gronc2 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:20 pm

I am still gearing up. I hit my ctc with my food and elixir and buffs.

The question I have is on my dodge and parry. I haven't worried about them other than keeping them equalish. But I sit at around 16.5 % each and have gemmed for stamina otherwise. I read on another thread that you should try for 20% and then stack stamina. But I thought thecks computations came up with after capped stamina will help your healers more than stacking avoidance. Is there two convincing ideas on this, or do I just need more avoidance?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... onc/simple

btw I have three more trinkets that I mix around depending on the fight

gronc
gronc2

Re: another ctc question

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Go with Theck's calcs.

There is so much Dodge/Parry on DS gear that you may reach 20% each, but once you get CTC then stacking Stam is fine for most fights, as only Warmaster and N-Morchok seem to have an avoidable stacking debuff.

Also for dps-race fights like Ultraxion, having the capability to increase your Expertise/Hit (like on Alysrazor) to boost your dps can be nice.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby theckhd » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Just to be clear, there is no such calculation. The "reach block cap and stack Stamina" approach is supported primarily by encounter mechanics, as most of the dangerous damage in DS isn't able to be dodged or parried. It's also loosely based on ideas that have their roots in Wrath - namely that more stamina buys your healers more time to react, which means they can make smarter choices. There is a school of thought that says stamina stacking can in many cases be a better mana-saving technique than stacking dodge, simply because your healers can choose more efficient heals more of the time. But there's no simple calculation that can validate that school of thought one way or another - it depends entirely on your healers, their play style, and various other hard-to-quantify factors.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby gronc2 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 pm

thanks for the response Theck, was a poor choice of words. In my guild the healers like my set up, its in pug groups where I get slack. I should be able to explain properly now. Btw I appreciate you sharing all of your work with us, very cool, (even if I understand little of it lol)

gronc
gronc2

Return to Basic Training & Talents