Remove Advertisements

Need Help with Azshara in WoE

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Need Help with Azshara in WoE

Postby gronc2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 am

I am a noob Tank, and I am really struggling to pick up and hold aggro on the mages as they release. The first two are fine, but the next two are really tough and the last two I wind up running around like an idiot. Now I am using my taunts but if I don't smack them with something soon they just go right back.

I am wondering if there is some placement issues. If there are some tricks I am missing, whatever help I can. I often get through this boss because my raid party is really good, but they all wind up hating me. I make up for it on the next boss but still...

gronc
gronc2

Re: Need Help with Azshara in WoE

Postby Zobel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

* Position yourself next to one and attack it;
* Taunt and avenger's shield the other one -- it'll run to you at melee range since it's been silenced;
* Hold aggro on both with hammer of the righteous and other aoe attacks.

(If possible, save an avenger's shield cooldown for Total Obedience if she's casting it soon.)
Zobel

Postby gronc2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am

does room position matter, should I stay to the left or middle? do I have any responsibility for the hands? what if AS misses?
gronc2

Postby Dibdib » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Room position - I always try to be in melee range of one of each pair as they activate. Positioning relative to the boss isn't always an issue (see my next point).

IMO you shouldn't have to worry about the hands or for interrupting Total Obedience, but in some cases doing so is better than wiping because no-one else did. If in doubt, ask the others in your party who is willing to deal with those.

If AS misses, use Rebuke on the one you're close to (if he can't cast, he'll follow you), taunt the far one and start running :)
Dibdib

Postby gronc2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

thanks heaps that is incredibly helpful

I love this site

gronc
gronc2

Return to Basic Training & Talents