Censure hotfix = JOTP priority ?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Censure hotfix = JOTP priority ?

Postby Araqiel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 am

First time posting but long time reader. Hope I'm doing this right and not breaking any rules.

This may be taken out of context or something may be flawed but just using Skada (similar to recount) I saw that during my guilds Alysrazor attempts that my damage ratios per ability had shifted. My guild has several trying to master tornados so 99% of the data is from tanking the hatchling which we all know gives 1000% damage increase. (There might be something about the increase that isn't flat across the board however, so first assumption.)

My breakdown of damage from Skada was

1. Crusader Strike 26.6%
2. Attack 14.5%
3. Censure 12.4%
4. Shield of the Righteous 11.7%
5. Judgement of Truth 9.9%
6. Avenger's Shield 8.6%
7. Seal of Truth 8.1%
8. Hammer of Wrath 2.8%
9. Righteous Flames 2.3%
10.Holy Wrath 1.9%

As you can see from a glance, Censure has overtaken my Shield of the Righteous (some of them may have been at 2HP though... I'll include a link to logs below.)

Some background on my toon is needed I believe. I'll include his armory link also. For my rotation I use a rigid (macroed) 9-3-9 that does SoTR first rotation and Inquisition second rotation. Only time I break it is for Grand Crusader procs before Holy Wrath fires and isn't on CD (so AS cooldown wont hang up later in macro.) (Please don't throw things. :oops: )

Would this 40% increase to censure that was hotfixed indicate a shift in priorities for talents ?

If so is 2/3 Rule of Law and 3/3 Judgements of the Pure ideal ? Maybe even 3/3 RoL and 2/3 JotP ?

I know I made a few assumptions but hopefully the gurus here can set me straight. I used this fight since it was the last we did and tanking the hatchlings is almost like a Patchwerk fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zypozvpq90ghkinn/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Araqiel/advanced
Araqiel

Re: Censure hotfix = JOTP priority ?

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Thats a very wierd log, especially beeing from alysrazor.
First issue i have, i really dont get why people use rotation macros.
Also dont get what abilities you have macroed, the "popular" macros are having CS/AS/Judge in some kind of prio macro, then you press Shield whenever your at 3HP
While it "might" be hold threat, its like a DK using all his runes on Deathcoil rather than runestrike.

Your not using Shield of the Righteous enough, inq should never be used on single target.
Your "normal" prio of damaging attacks on Alysrazor should be somthing along the lines of:
Crusader Strike
Shield of the Righteous
Meele
Avenger's Shield
Judgement of Truth
Censure
All can obviously be slightly changed, but you have to be doing something wrong if your order of damaging abilities are that different.

Your allready pretty much suppose to have 3/3 in Rule of Law, Judgement of the pure increase casting and meele haste with 9% (IF 3/3)
The censure hotfix is not strong enough to justify getting rid of RoL for some minor haste.
Treck

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Treck wrote:inq should never be used on single target.

Wha-- since when?
Jeremoot

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Since ever.

The only way inq could be justified using is IF you have 0 vengeance, but will have full vengeance when your at 3x HP next time.
And that pretty much only happends if your tank swapping, and even then its debatable.
A 3HP Shield will do more damage than inq would increase your other abilities during its duration.
Treck

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Treck wrote:Since ever.

Since ever has been Shield of the Righteous if Sacred Duty proc or Inquisition already up, otherwise Inquisition.
Jeremoot

Postby theckhd » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm

SDSotR>ISotR>Inq>else has been a few hundred DPS ahead since 4.1, iirc. Check the matlab thread.

I've been doing some testing with updated Censure numbers, and it seems it pushes the Inq rotation up to ~500 DPS ahead of a standard 939. So it's a small but real buff for that rotation relative to the others.

In addition, Judgements of the Pure gets significantly stronger, as does SotP. I'm not confident about these numbers yet though; the increase on JotP seems way too large for a 40% damage buff. I want to make sure that I didn't make an error somewhere that's artificially inflating the numbers. In any event, even if it's an over-estimate, it's still not enough to make JotP+AotL beat out Crusade/RoL.

<update>: Yeah, definitely made a mistake. Turns out that multiplying the AP coefficient by 4 instead of 1.4 gives you wonky results. Who'd have guessed?

JotP still sucks.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Araqiel » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Many Thanks sir !

I'm still going to move 2 points from Pursuit of Justice to Judgements of the Pure to see if I can get a bit more threat.

I usually tank with a DK and her threat generation is unreal.
Araqiel

Return to Basic Training & Talents