what's your pre pull macro :)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

what's your pre pull macro :)

Postby bloodelfpali » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi guys just a quick question wanted to know what macro do the vet's use on pre pull whether it be a boss or a group of mobs. Also how often are you using Avenging Wrath ? Thanks :D
bloodelfpali

Re: what's your pre pull macro :)

Postby Torias » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

Hmm, well the only macro I actually use on a pull raid warns "Pulling %t in 5" and starts a timer bar in everyone's DBM so they can sync up their pre-pots. For the pull itself I pop Divine Plea, bring up Inquisition, start casting Exorcism and begin running the moment it finishes, throwing Avenger's Shield and Judgement as I go. I'll ditch the Exorcism if I don't have time, due to positioning.

As for Avenging Wrath, I pop it first just after the damage buff from Tricks of the Trade expires which means it also lines up with the first time I'm hitting 3 HoPo, and I use it pretty much on cooldown from then on (assuming I'm not going to waste half of it with a phase change or whatever).
Torias

Postby bloodelfpali » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Awesome thanks for the response and help !!!
bloodelfpali

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Do you start the DBM timer in a macro?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Torias » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes, with

Code: Select all
/dbm broadcast timer 5 PULLING

Unless of course that broke at some point and no one bothered to tell me, which is possible. :D I only have the DBM core with no encounter modules installed purely for checking versions and what not, since I'm a DXE person primarily.
Torias

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm

It still works. Amazing. Going to abuse the fuck out of this :D
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Torias » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:18 pm

/dxerb 5 PULLING
is the DXE equivalent, for the record. Not familiar with any other bossmods for how one would go about doing it there.
Torias

Postby zim » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am

There is a neat pulling-timer in DBM with
/dbm pull 5

It starts a Broadcast timer and also throws raid warnings.
zim

Postby daishan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 pm

I've been playing with a macro for pulling can't seem to combine the dbm pull timer into the same macro, but this saves mashing lots of diff key binds on the pull.

/castsequence reset=8 Divine Plea, Inquisition, Golemblood Potion, 10, Exorcism, Avenging Wrath, Avenger's Shield, Judgement

the 10 is the gear slot number to activate my Synapse Springs on my gloves
I can't decide if blowing wings and synapes springs that early is good but it gives very nice burst on the pull
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:44 am

I don't really use any macros for pre-pulling or setting up 4 abilities into a single button. Everything is set up in such a way for my G13 that it's merely a button press / mouse wheel scroll.

Effective key bindings, to me, is far superior than macroing everything.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:18 pm

i agree with fenrir
that is one of the only things i dont like about my enh shammy, i have to macro everything (oc its /startattack /cast ..... but w/e)

the closest i come to a prepull macro is saying on vent Ami get up here! ...i mean um...Pulling in 3 *thorns on self* 2 *bear form-> enrage* 1 *charge -> mangle*

then again i play my druid almost exclusively for tanking now days....or my warrior

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:07 pm

My pre-pull 'macro'

IF HealerManaBar>75% then Cast Frizbee
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Soloz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am

Divine Plea > Avenging Wrath > Avengers Shield > Judgement > SotR

I used to use the instant 3 HP for inq but with how often I could get screwed by rng I switched to just SotR for quick aggro and never had a problem since
Soloz

Postby Morwo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:22 am

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/target/alt Divine Plea, Hand of Reckoning, Avenging Wrath, Holy Shield, Judgement, Shield of the  Righteous
/use Earthern Potion
dont nerf me bro
Morwo

Postby econ21 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 am

Soloz wrote:I used to use the instant 3 HP for inq but with how often I could get screwed by rng I switched to just SotR for quick aggro and never had a problem since

I thought one argument for opening with inq was that it was less dependent on rng. With SotR, if you miss, you've wasted your DP. With inq, missing anyone attack is less important.
econ21

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents