Remove Advertisements

Threat Help Request

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Threat Help Request

Postby Jdoubelu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Im not sure if this is the gr8est place to ask this...but my hit rating is about 6%... i use the 393 rotation or wat ever it is when u use holy power thing then avengers/holywrath/judge... my ilvl is 343 which means im easily geared for H but im still having threat problems and most of these people that r takin aggro r approx 8-9k dps... i was wondering where i have gone wrong... plz help me!!!!If your on Thunderhorn plz pst me my names is Jdoubelu and Jdoubleu im on almost all the time on weekdays

Edited title for more clarity and less... something. - Digren
Jdoubelu

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! PLZ!

Postby rodos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Step one: Learn to write better. It will improve your "hit rating" considerably. :)

Step two: Use Avenging Wrath on pulls if you need to get high threat initially. Use Divine Plea for 3 free holy power that you can shield slam with right off the bat.

Also consider using a strength weapon of the highest iLvl (i.e. highest dps) you can get your hands on, even if it's not a "tank weapon". You're using a 333 weapon, significantly below your average gear level. There's Darkheart Hacker if you run TB dailies. If you're rich, there's Soul Blade, or if you're really rich there's Obsidium Cleaver. Otherwise, run heroics and hope for a drop (Go here and scroll down to "Weapon").
rodos

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Jdoubelu wrote:Im not sure if this is the gr8est place to ask this...but my hit rating is about 6%... i use the 393 rotation or wat ever it is when u use holy power thing then avengers/holywrath/judge... my ilvl is 343 which means im easily geared for H but im still having threat problems and most of these people that r takin aggro r approx 8-9k dps... i was wondering where i have gone wrong... plz help me!!!!If your on Thunderhorn plz pst me my names is Jdoubelu and Jdoubleu im on almost all the time on weekdays

Bolded is the issue. Nail the rotation. Check the basic training forum guides for the exact rotation and practise it. You shouldn't be having issues if the DPS are targetting your targets especially not at 8-9k dps which is low.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby lythac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... u/advanced

+15 spirit to chest? +12 resilience to shield?

This really is a case of you needing to read the stickies and do some research on your class. Although the stickies probably don't mention to never enchant for spirit.

You need to work on -

Glyphs (missing +10 expertise).
Gemming.
Enchanting.
Reforging.
Your rotation. You are not doing the correct rotation.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Re: Threat Help Request

Postby Digren » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 am

This should be in basic training. Good luck!
Digren

Return to Basic Training & Talents