Remove Advertisements

Key Bindings

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Key Bindings

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for an intuitive keybinding setup? I just hit 80 and want to have everything in my 85 setup while I level.

I'm open to anything (including add-ons/UI that may assist your binding setup)
GWvsJohn

Re: Key Bindings

Postby Blane » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:53 am

Keybindings are generally pretty personal, they usually only work well because you've learnt them.

Addons on the other hand...

Clique
oPie
Snowfallkeypress.

Clique I use for cleanse, all my heals except WoG and all my hands except freedom.
oPie takes care of hearth, professions and mounts for me.
Snowfall keypress triggers the key on the down-stroke rather than on release.

Now while I use Clique with modifiers + mouse, and oPie with the middle mouse button, they both free up keybinds for other things.

I won't bother putting down my keybindings because they're irrelevant, but there are a few things I do that I suppose could be considered intuitive/helpful...

1. Divine Plea and Divine Shield are both cancelaura macros, which means I can press a binding to cast them, and then press that binding again to remove the buff if it's still up. It means you can cast them to get free holy power without suffering the healing debuff (DP) or break CC without suffering the damage debuff (DS).

2. WoGlory and HoFreedom are mouseover macros, which will be cast on whoever's unit-frame or player-model I have my mouse over, or default to casting on myself if my mouse isn't over anything. Not a huge issue for PvE, but I've found it invaluable as PvProt

3. Place similar effects near each other, or on the same key (with modifiers). I have divine protection and ardent defender on the same key, with avenging wrath and GoAKings nearby (and Divine Guardian next to that), I also have WoG and Holy Radiance on the same key. It's probably not a huge difference, but it does mean you aren't jumping all over the keyboard when you find yourself in a situation where you need a lot of defense or healing at once.

4. Place Divine Shield on a key you never press accidentally. The same for lay-of-hands if you have that key-bound.
Blane

Re: Key Bindings

Postby Jeremoot » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 pm

As Blane said, you should pick key binds you're comfortable with and stick with them. Here are some of the key bindings I use to give you some inspiration:

• Q - Crusader Strike
  • E - Hammer of the Righteous
  • R - Shield of Righteousness
  • T - Word of Glory
  • 1 - Judgement
  • 2 - Consecration
  • 3 - Avenger's Shield
  • 4 - Holy Wrath
  • 5 - Flash of Light
  • Alt+1 - Rebuke
  • Alt+2 - Seal
  • Alt+3 - Righteous Fury