Remove Advertisements

Blacksmithing/Smelting Very Noob Questions.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Blacksmithing/Smelting Very Noob Questions.

Postby Powdur » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 pm

thegreatheed wrote:
Njall wrote:
Obsidium Ore and Elementium ore are dirt cheap now. The costs are relatively small, even compared to two weeks ago.

Maybe on your server >.< Elementium ore is still 150-180g a stack for me.

But I bit the bullet and hit 525 and crafted my shield, hurray!

Same on my server...Obsidium dropped A LOT once they changed the spawning points, and made it available to be mined other zones rather than just in Hyjal...from about 700g a stack the week of release to 140g a stack now. Elementium is dropping, but it's still around 175g a stack, down from 400g...I leveled mining/BS asap, started running heroics for the chaos orbs and sold the shields/belts for 15k a pop a week after launch...now they're down to 5-9k...so you can see how much the mat prices have dropped. It was also beneficial, and probably still is on mid-low pop servers, to buy 2 stacks of ore, smelt it into bars and sell the bars...I make a killing doing this as a lot of BS don't have mining as a 2nd profession (wierd), so they can only get the bars for crafting...and sell the bars for 4x the ore and make double profit :) I love new expansions.
Powdur

Re: Blacksmithing/Smelting Very Noob Questions.

Postby Discus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 am

It was also beneficial, and probably still is on mid-low pop servers, to buy 2 stacks of ore, smelt it into bars and sell the bars...

Check out the "How to make gold on the AH" thread in general chat. Unfortunately for most of us this smelting moneymaker window has long since closed and bars are selling at less than the price of 2*ore.
Discus

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents